- advertisement -

Anyone have a mail order supply company they really like?

Discussion in 'Parents of Children with Type 1' started by U of I Mom, Jan 28, 2013.

1. U of I Mom

U of I Mom Approved members

My son have been using a mail order supply company but now is thinking of switching to a different one. Does anyone have any recommendations? We have BCBS PPO for Illinois as our insurance. He uses a Medtronic pump and CGMS.
    Thanks!

Last edited: Jan 28, 2013
  2. lizzie

lizzie Approved members

I would steer clear of Diabetes Specialty Center if possible. I also have BCBS and as of a few months ago, I am required to use them for dexcom sensors. They have been nothing but a headache.

3. KatieSue

KatieSue Approved members

We use Caremark with no issues. Well except the endo's office can't seem to send them a prescription but every other doc we go to can so I'm going with user error there. We get our pump supplies directly from Omnipod.

4. kimmcannally

kimmcannally Approved members

We use AIM - Advanced Insulin Management.
    http://www.advancedinsulin.com/

Here is a little exerpt to the story of how we started using them.

I call Animas and ask for another distributor. They send me contact information for AIM Advanced Insulin Management. The contact turned out to be for a cell phone for the most wonderful lady.

I called after hours Wednesday night, expecting to leave a voice mail. Instead I got to talk to W. Told her what was going on and that our pump class started Wednesday. And we really needed a couple of days with the pump before that to get acclimated to it. W says "no problem." And finally, this time, it really isn't a problem.

She has me fax the info to her and Thursday she has a rep waiting in the endo's office to get the paperwork signed. They order the pump the same day! Hurray!!! FINALLY!!!

Here is the rest of the story if you are up for a long read.
    http://type1anautoimmunething.blogspot.com/2011/03/who-do-we-have-to-kill-to-get-pump.html

Love AIM!

5. Arleigh9003

Arleigh9003 Approved members

We use edge park

We use edge park .. It's really easy and simple an they work with the insurance and doctors so I don't have to. Which is lovely, and thy are available 24/7

6. Ti'sMom

Ti'sMom Approved members

We use Liberty Medical and they are amazing! From the first phone call all the way through. Very helpful and we haven't had any issues with insurance or supply problems! ;)

7. rakgyk

rakgyk Approved members

I use Liberty Medical and we're pretty happy with them.