- advertisement -

anyone have a laptop mini?

Discussion in 'Teens OT' started by kierbabi09, Mar 17, 2009.

1. kierbabi09

kierbabi09 Approved members

I've been asking for a laptop for graduation and this is the one my dad and I have been looking at. Does anyone have a mini, they are a dell product? They seem like good laptops and have an overall good customer ratings. I want a laptop because A) my best friend is going a way to college and this computer has a web cam so we can see each other this way, and B) so i can have my own computer.

Help please?!?!?

2. s0ccerfreak

s0ccerfreak Approved members

We have toshibas at my house and are happy with them. One of my good friends just got a macbook which is smaller and different software, but she loves it.

3. malyssa

malyssa Approved members

I have an HP laptop. Love it!! I know they make a mini one too...we also have a Toshiba, 3 Gateways, and a compaq (which HP makes).

4. FeeferGross

FeeferGross Approved members

my girlfriend has an acer, it's pretty good

5. LadyBug

LadyBug Approved members

no clue about the brands, but i hope you get a good one(and the one you want)! sounds like an awesome grad gift to me :p!

6. Mody_Jess_Pony

Mody_Jess_Pony Approved members

I have a Toshiba and have always had a toshiba...Dells are an iffy thing, whatever you do if your getting a Dell don't bother inless you get the lifetime warenty because duriablity wise Dells seem to be short lived.... However I have a friend whos had about the same issues as me with my toshiba that have been minimal/minor but you have to anticipate that because laptops at least mine gets used so much!

7. moco89

moco89 Approved members

I have a Dell, and batteries do not last long with them. I have had a hard drive, graphics card, and 2 power chargers replaced so far in 1.5 years.

They're good, but don't get it without a 3 year warranty!

I would not get a really small laptop. The performance is poor and is undermined on them. Plus, you can get a normal size notebook for cheaper now.

8. someone

someone Approved members

I have a normal size sony notebook right now. What I would suggest if you are looking for a smaller one is the Acer One. They have decent specs, built in webcam/mic and run $300-$350 (I don't know how the heck they make them for slightly more than an ipod). The only negative (or some would consider it positive) is that it runs Windows XP, unlike the dell which runs Vista. A few of my friends have them and they seem to be great for your typical internet browsing, word processing and viewing media. Unless you plan on playing resource intensive games or rendering 3d graphics, it's probably more than sufficient.

http://www.amazon.com/Acer-AOA150-1...6?ie=UTF8&s=electronics&qid=1238889127&sr=8-6

Overall, it seems to have excellent reviews. Might be worth looking at over the dell.

Last edited: Apr 4, 2009