- advertisement -

Anyone have a "juicer" they like?

Discussion in 'Parents Off Topic' started by Ellen, Nov 3, 2012.

1. Ellen

Ellen Senior Member

I'm looking for a fabulous and reasonably priced juicer, that is easy to clean. Are those things mutually exclusive?

2. C6H12O6

C6H12O6 Approved members

The one we have is Hamilton Beach. It is black with no model number on it. I think it may have been refurbished as it was bought at a liquidation store - a Canadian chain owned by big lots. It cost about 50$ but our prices tend to be much higher than in the US.

It makes good carrot juice and the left over carrot matter is great in cake mixes, meat loaf, and the filling you put in cabbage rolls. That is some serious roughage that stuff

It is not hard to clean at all

Carrot juice is delicious and also beat mixed with carrot

3. fredntan2

fredntan2 Approved members

Waving hi

I got a vitamixer as I was finishing chemotherapy last feb. They cost a lot but so much worth it.

Its not a juicer. It can grind up anything. I use it daily. Cleanup is easy.

4. thebestnest5

thebestnest5 Approved members

Vitamix is definitely not cheap, but we really like ours, too! I think it's so much healthier to liquify the whole fruit or vegetable and have that as juice, that it makes the Vitamix a good investment.

If you buy at Costco or Sams, I believe you get a better deal.

5. Helenmomofsporty13yearold

Helenmomofsporty13yearold Approved members

I bought a Vitamix type machine (HealthMaster) from a friend and found the juice too thick. By the time I diluted enough to drink it, I did not feel I was getting much juice. It is great for soups, however. The motor started oozing brown stuff which apparently means the "jug" needs replacing, but at over $50, I decided to toss the whole thing. There is some controversy about whether "heating" the juice in this manner is actually healthier.

I've had a Jack Lalanne juicer for a few years. The only thing that keeps me from using it constantly is the size of the parts. They are awkward to clean in my double sink. I used it much more when I had a nice big single sink. The parts can go in the dishwasher once you have brushed off the pulp, but it almost takes a whole load. The motor has a lifetime warranty. I have had to replace the pulp collecting bucket for $12.

The new juicer by Magic Bullet looks nice and compact and is inexpensive (though it did not take me long to blow out a regular Magic Bullet also).

Does anyone have a masticating juicer and an opinion as to whether they are "healthier" than the above types and worth the extra money?