- advertisement -

Anyone ever sell gold jewelry?

Discussion in 'Parents Off Topic' started by Lisa P., Jun 3, 2011.

1. Lisa P.

Lisa P. Approved members

(Yes, I'm a Dave Ramsey listener. I'm also a Glenn Beck listener, so I'm so conflicted!) :eek:

What's the best way?

2. aidensmom

aidensmom Approved members

I have, we have a local place that I took mine to. I don't know if it's the best way, but there are several places in our town that buy gold (and silver too). You can always take it and find out how much they would give you for it, but you are not obligated to sell. I know that some people like to take it to several places to compare what the best rate is. I actually just took a gold bracelet in yesterday and walked out with $315, I was happy :D

3. Lakeman

Lakeman Approved members

Gold us only useful for decoration, building electronics, and to sell if you can find a buyer. In an economic collapse like that talked about by Beck et al, none of those will make gold very valuable - people will want food.

If right now you have a buyer and you don't want the gold then by all means sell it.

I sold a few pieces my wife no longer wanted and walked out with $135. Sure the company I sold it to probably made a lot more but who cares - I was happy with the $135.

4. Charlotte'sMom

Charlotte'sMom Approved members

LOL! I noticed the conflict there too. I'd say, if you're trying to dig yourself out of debt, sell it and pay off debts. If your needs are all met and you have extra money you want to invest, buy gold.

(We don't have any extra money, so we're not investing. But we don't have any gold either, so we're not selling. :rolleyes: )

5. ashleesmommy

ashleesmommy Approved members

My mom took a bunch of her and my dads old gold jewelry into a place and walked out with a little over $2,000. I immediately ran into my bathroom to hunt some down, but all i found was this heavy, dumb ring my husband got from his old job job for being selected for something...he wouldnt give it up! Like he would ever wear something like that! :rolleyes: anyways...my mom said some places offer more than others, so keep that in mind.