- advertisement -

Anyone ever had a 100% in range day ?

Discussion in 'Parents of Children with Type 1' started by Bahama-mama, Feb 6, 2010.

1. Darryl

Darryl Approved members

We use 80/100 for our CGM alarm targets, and there is never a day when BG stays within that range.

Our target range is the non-diabetic range of 70-99 for fasting/overnight, and up to 140 post-prandial. Most days BG will go outside that range at some point, but most of each day is typically within the non-diabetic range as long as she responds to her CGM alarms. We typically see one event above 150 each day, though, it is hard to avoid that.

2. TheFormerLantusFiend

TheFormerLantusFiend Approved members

With my range at 65-155, I have lots of days 100% in range- yours is much smaller than my range! On the CGMS, I set 65-155 as my range but had predictive alarms go off so I got alerted before those numbers.

Both on and off the CGMS, days that are totally in range are something I experience 1-5 times per month.

3. twodoor2

twodoor2 Approved members

If your target is 30 to 300, then yes, we're in range all the time. :p

Just kidding, but in all seriousness, I would say 70% of the time. The important thing is that if there's a spike or a low, to correct it fast. High blood sugar, while not healthy, is more dangerous over prolonged periods of time. For highs above 250, I use a dual wave bolus with a one hour square rate of at least 1 unit. This seems to kick it down fast, unless the high is caused by a fat spike. As always, it's important to gage blood sugar relative to active insulin as calculated by the pump, so one can fortell short term potential lows.

I think for adults and older children that can self manage that also have a CGMS, the potential is there to see more numbers in range throughout the day. Unfortunately, my six year old cannot manage her own diabetes, and I would not want her to at this juncture. I guess that's a whole other topic though. I also rely on the school and after care program, and I cannot always control her blood sugar 100% of the time. It's a bit frustrating, but I am hopeful for better numbers as she gets older and learns self management.

4. Heather(CA)

Heather(CA) Approved members

Yes, But that's using a 70 to 150 range and only using tests before and three hours after meals. I don't remember how many before the Pod, but I have seen this three times in the last three months, however, that doesn't include any meal spikes because we don't test again until it's been 2 to 3 hours... I remember Seth bg tests staying between 68 and 180 for 4 days one time...The 180 was when he went up from playing soccer:cwds:

Last edited: Feb 7, 2010
  5. sooz

sooz Approved members

How many times have you seen 100?

How about this for a follow up question? How often do you see the mythic
    "100" on your meter? I remember when I saw it how amazed and happy I was..I thought, "wow, we are really doing it!" :)

6. mikesmom58

mikesmom58 Approved members

Wow I feel so much better. At first I wasn't even going to enter this thread because I would feel like a bad D mom reading about all the kids who've had perfect number days. I don't think in almost 3 years we've ever had a day like that. I'm both glad and sad to know I'm not alone. D Sucks!!!

7. Becky Stevens mom

Becky Stevens mom Approved members

Nope, not alone :) We've been at this almost 6 years and I can count the number of times on both hands with a little help from my toes

8. LJM

LJM Approved members

Only during a great honeymoon. :)

9. Barbzzz

Barbzzz Approved members

I think we've actually had 3, maybe 4 over the course of 19+ months. We strive for mediocrity. :D Fortunately, we often achieve that. :rolleyes:

10. Marcia

Marcia Approved members

Ha! We had the first one Saturday. Woke up 68, highest was after dinner at 118. Of course, Saturday was the school musical and Abbey rehearsed all day, then the performance, the set strike until 10 pm. So, all it took was 16 hours of nonstop activity. This was the first time in years and I suspect it will be the last time for a couple of years.

11. Gracie'sMom

Gracie'sMom Approved members

We have had a day totally in range, actually we had 3-4 in a row. Wow, it was nice. Don't expect to see it again, although we keep trying! Generally we are lucky if she is in range more than 50% of the time, keep striving for more . . .

12. fdlafon

fdlafon Approved members

I pray for the day . . .
    Right now, I pray for a day to be 50%

13. Kirsten

Kirsten Approved members

It happens, but our range is 70-200. Much wider than most as Griffin is only 6.:p

Kirsten