- advertisement -

Anyone Else Using the Deltec Cozmo Pump?

Discussion in 'Adults with Type 1' started by stangpride, Jun 3, 2008.

1. stangpride

stangpride Approved members

Hey there,

I was just curious if anyone else was using the Deltec Cozmo pump? Every post I read it seems like the Omnipod, Animas, MiniMed, or some other product is being used. I have yet to read a post with Deltec Cozmo in them. I was curious, because I keep seeing the question about infusion sets being used, and I'd post, but do not really think my doing so would assist anyone else unless there are more people like me using the style pump I have. Most infusion sets are proprietary and do not work with other brands of pumps, so this is the reasoning behind my question.

If you do use the Deltec Cozmo, have you ever used any infusion sets that do not come directly from Deltec, perhaps at a "cheaper" rate?

Thanks!

V/r,

Kathleen

2. Wendy12571

Wendy12571 Approved members

Kathleen,
    I am using a deltec cozmo pump. I love it. I am waiting till July to upgrade to a new one.
    Wendy

3. BrendaK

BrendaK Neonatal Diabetes Registry

Carson uses the Cozmo 1800 -- there are quite a few on this board using it -- there have been lots of discussions about the IOB and hypo manager features specifically.

We use the Inset 30's and have also used the Accucheck Tenders and Cleos. We get them from A+ medical supply -- they do not charge copays for diabetic supplies. But I really don't know what the full price would be since insurance and A+ cover everything.

The only proprietary infusion sets are from Minimed. Animas and Smiths make the standard luer lock sets. What sets are you interested in?

4. Mermaid

Mermaid Approved members

Love my Cosmo. I use Insets. I have used a Disetronic HTRON Plus, Animas and now a Deltec Cosmo.

5. SingleMomWithType1

SingleMomWithType1 New Member

I just was diagnosed with type 1 about 3 months ago. My doctor encouraged me to check out Cozmo. I'm so glad he did. I researched all the pumps and now ABSOLUTELY LOVE my Cozmo. I also use Cleo and love this system as well.

Did anyone know that the person who designed Cozmo actually had a dog named Cozmo and a cat named Cleo? My Deltec/Smiths rep told me that. (I love it!) :D

Denise

6. StillMamamia

StillMamamia Approved members

Deltec Cozmo user here. We use Contact-Detach infusion sets from UnoMedical.

7. Twinklet

Twinklet Approved members

We use Cozmo and would choose it again over the others. While there are a few things I wish they'd change, I feel the Cozmore has the best options for us.

We use Cleos, but I just got some boxes of Quick-Sets from a friend we may try. We've had great luck with Cleos, though.