- advertisement -

Anyone else on an Animas pump ever feel like you are at the gas pump?

Discussion in 'Parents of Children with Type 1' started by mmgirls, Mar 6, 2013.

1. mmgirls

mmgirls Approved members

You have 40bucks to put in the tank and you do not ant to go past that point?

Have your finger on that button till you get real close then have to back off to make sure you do not go over.

And heaven forbid that you do it on the pump and not the remote with a "back-up" button.

2. Beach bum

Beach bum Approved members

Ya, it reminds me of the commercial years ago when you could start paying at the pump. Jerry Seinfeld did a commercial where he would go for $20, then oops, pass it and get to $21.

It is tiresome, but at least you can go back and take away. You can't with gas pumps. In our house we consider it lucky if we land right on the number we are aiming for:D

3. liasmommy2000

liasmommy2000 Approved members

Oh yes. And actually, I feel it's easier with the pump then the remote. I feel like the remote seems to go slow and then speeds up and I'm well past the mark.

DD doesn't have too much trouble but she uses the pump. I'm the only one using the remote for night/first thing in the AM checks. Bugs the heck out of me how it does that.

4. Beach bum

Agreed.
    We've been working off the same meter now for about 2 years and I find that it's almost as if the buttons are getting a little "sticky." But, I wouldn't give up that remote because of how easy it makes night time boluses!

5. Jenneve93

Jenneve93 Approved members

lol Never thought of it that way before, but now that you mention it, it does seem a bit like that.

6. Tomdiorio

Tomdiorio Approved members

Lol, Us too. It goes so much fast on the meter, it is easier on the pump.

7. mmgirls

mmgirls Approved members

I know I am always surprised when I use the pump to dose, but the pump does not have a backup button which I use on the meter.

I wish we could set how fast it dials up and down.

8. pianoplayer4

pianoplayer4 Approved members

YES lol, I use the pump even for bg corrections because its easier

9. sugarmonkey

sugarmonkey Approved members

OK, this is going to sound random, but American gas pumps must be different to ours. Here in NZ if you want $20 you can type in $20 on the pump, and it will stop there. You don't have to watch it and worry about going over. Don't American pumps do that.

Sorry to derail the thread MMgirls, it just got me curious.

10. hawkeyegirl

hawkeyegirl Approved members

Maybe some do, but I've never seen one that does. That would be cool!

11. Beach bum

Have never seen one either...that would be too logical!

12. mmgirls

mmgirls Approved members

I have only been pumping gas for about 4years, I have never seen that nor been told that that can be done. Except for paying inside the store and saying put $40 on #9.

13. kiwikid

kiwikid Approved members

Except now, with petrol (gas) the price that it is, $20 won't even get you anywhere ... :eek: The Accu Chek Combo has the best system where it goes up in .1, then .5 then 1 units... much easier to stop where you want.. :cwds: