- advertisement -

anyone else glad the holidays are over?

Discussion in 'Parents Off Topic' started by 2type1s, Jan 2, 2010.

1. 2type1s

2type1s Approved members

I'm so looking forward to getting back into a routine! I'm sick of guestimating party food.....grazathons.....and changing basals around to accomodate my sluglike teenager and preteen. We have been visiting family or had family here for 10 days!!!! ACK! We've had more forgotten more boluses in 2 weeks than in 2 years I think....and we go to the Endo on Tuesday. Ugh. I think I'm going to go ahead and ask for the CGMS and not wait on the integrated technology from Animas! It would have been so much easier with that!

2. Beach bum

Beach bum Approved members

Yes, we are so ready to get back to our regular routine. On days we didn't have anything special to do, we tried hard to stick to it, but other days it just fell apart!

I am so ready to get our tree down:D

3. kiwimum

kiwimum Approved members

Holidays over?! For you maybe!;)

Here in NZ, we still have until about the 3rd Feb until school goes back!:eek:
    My boys have been off school since 10 Dec and boy - the holidays sure are dragging!:(

4. emm142

emm142 Approved members

No! So. Much. Work. All to do tomorrow. I feel like banging my head against a brick wall. I have important exams in a week.

5. Mimi

Mimi Approved members

YES!!! I want the tree down, the visiting to be over and everything to return to normal. I want regular food so I know the carb amounts. I'm tired of seeing high numbers on the meter. :mad:

And don't get me wrong, I love my kids dearly - but I will be doin' the big ol' happy dance Monday morning when they go back to school!! :D

6. Sherry Wendi's Mom

Sherry Wendi's Mom Approved members

Absolutely! I am tired of all the laziness, and sleeping to noon.:( I homeschool so our routine is more relaxed than most, but school work gives them something important to do other than play wii. I can't motivate them while it is "vacation". Which is why we do schoolwork during the summer as well.:p

7. lynn

lynn Approved members

Amen!!! I want NORMAL food again! I want a NORMAL schedule again! I want a CLEAN house again!

8. bbirdnuts@aol.com

bbirdnuts@aol.com Approved members

I am sooooo glad Christmas and New Year's is over. We did not have food issues. We had PREDNISONE issues. I was very happy to see 2009 gone bye-bye. The scene on the home front has been the worst ever.

9. cindyrn6617

cindyrn6617 Approved members

VERY glad! My tree is down, decorations in the house are gone and the yard will be finished tomorrow. Then kids back to school on Monday....:D:D:D

10. sisterbeth43

sisterbeth43 Approved members

I have no children at home, but I am glad the holidays are over. My trees are down and most of the decorations are put away.

11. shekov

shekov Approved members

YES!!!!

We had our endo appt last week and I knew it wasn't going to be good but EEEKK.:eek:

They would ask about missed boluses (busy and forgot), multiple boluses within an hour (candy in her stocking) and wierd night time spikes (high fat foods galore). It was excrutiating. I just wanted to say "I know how bad this looks but it was Christmas vacation. Can we just go home now?":(

12. Illinifan

Illinifan Approved members

Nope. Wish that this holiday season could be extended. I love this time of year and I'm never thrilled with the prospect of January and February homework, school events and dealing with people who don't know when to stay home from work or keep their kids home from school.

13. Midwestmomma

Midwestmomma Approved members

I will be doing the BIGGEST Happy Momma Dance in the morning:D My kids will be back in school.....BUT.... that means I go back to work,and back to 2 kids playing basketball at 2 different places at 1 time. But I am so ready to go back on our schedule, kids not wanting to turn their brain to mush playing Video Games all day, and back to "real" food again. :D

14. 2type1s

2type1s Approved members

Thanks Sherry!!! now I'm REALLYdreading the Endo appointment on Tuesday.:)

15. canadianmomto6

canadianmomto6 Approved members

I need a vacation to rest up from that vacation!:) If only I could find a way to send the kids back to school without me having to go back and teach too. ;) We just started getting really cold weather here and I am not looking forward to recess yard duty outside tomorrow!:eek:

16. StillMamamia

StillMamamia Approved members

:eek: This is my favorite part.:eek:

17. Jen_in_NH

Jen_in_NH Approved members

I love Christmas, but yes, I'll be glad to get back to normal. This was our first Christmas with diabetes, and the constant guessing at carbs was really a headache. Between that, just getting back from Disney, and the cold that just won't quit, I'm starting to think we'll never see normal numbers again.

Jen

18. danalynn

danalynn Approved members

I'm glad to be getting back to a routine too... and lower numbers!!!
    my son's very first A1C is in a week and with being diagnosed, halloween and christmas all in the last 3 months it's not going to be pretty

19. Mom of 15 yr old

Mom of 15 yr old Approved members

I am very glad the holidays are over. We can now get back into a good routine and get rid of the "all over the road" blood sugars.

20. DylansMama

DylansMama Approved members

So relieved that the holidays are over. There was something very freeing about not having a to-do list a mile long. For the first time in months I had a day to just hang out with the kids and it was wonderful.