- advertisement -

Anyone else fruitlessly searching for the LeapPad Explorer tablet?

Discussion in 'Parents Off Topic' started by DsMom, Dec 8, 2011.

1. DsMom

DsMom Approved members

So frustrated! Saw this months ago and thought it would be a great present for Daniel for Christmas...but did not buy it then.:mad: Told my SIL that I would be getting one, and that games for it would be a good choice for her to get him for Christmas. So she did...and now I can't buy that darn LeapPad anywhere. Sold out completely.

Does anyone have the scoop whether this will be available anywhere before Christmas? I feel bad that I told my SIL to buy these gifts...and now she'll have to return them. (I told her I'd do it for her...but I know she won't take me up on it.)

2. mmgirls

mmgirls Approved members

Have you tried calling a store that is out of your area and having then send it to you?

I decided to buy my girls cheap wifi tablets because there are free apps and low price apps.

3. sooz

sooz Approved members

4. caspi

caspi Approved members

5. sooz

sooz Approved members

Sorry, I had no idea. I am not familiar with the product. Just trying to help..:(:eek:

6. caspi

caspi Approved members

Although I did quote your link, that comment wasn't directed at you but at the price gouging that is going on.

7. Mimi

Mimi Approved members

Holy price gouging, Batman! :eek:

I just saw these in Wal-mart tonight for around $60.

8. Ndiggs

Ndiggs Approved members

Target has it in several colours on their site for $99 with free shiping. Not sure how that compares, but hope it helps some.

9. kiwimum

kiwimum Approved members

According to newspapers in the UK, there is a massive shortage there too and people are selling them on Ebay and similiar sites for double and even triple their original price :eek:

10. mommabear

mommabear Approved members

I looked ALL over today for one..Was not able to find it anywhere..Hope you find it before Christmas..I think I have gave up on it..lol:(

11. Flutterby

Flutterby Approved members

12. DsMom

DsMom Approved members

Thanks everyone! Amazon does have it listed for double...not willing to pay that. As of my check today online....all the other major stores and the Leap Frog site itself is sold out.:(

Think I'll be giving up as well...because I need the time to buy other presents for my son. This was going to be his "big" present...now have to get shopping and make up for it. Of course, as soon as I do that, I'll probably see it in all of the stores!:rolleyes: Oh, well. Thanks for your input!

13. KatieSue

KatieSue Approved members

Could you do something like a gift certificate for one, and then give him some smaller gift so he has something to open. Then you could purchase one a few weeks after Christmas when they get stock back in?

14. purplewowies

purplewowies Approved members

Perhaps she could still get him the games and you could make the gift that would have been the Explorer an endless scavenger hunt to find it until you can get the Explorer and he can find it. Alternatively, the scavenger hunt can lead to an IOU for the Explorer.

Even more alternatively, you could get him an old-school LeapPad (here) and have people buy him cartridges/books for that. He'd be one of the only kids with one!:p:rolleyes:

Note: That entire last part was a bit on the sarcastic side. Unless, you know, I actually made you want to buy the old one.

15. Beach bum

Beach bum Approved members

I think I'd probably pass on the game altogether. It's still hard for a kid that age to wrap his head around something like this, especially if he still believes and all his friends are saying what they got and he gets a big old IOU.
    Wouldn't fly with my kids, they'd be pissed at Santa and probably realize the gig is up.

Can you get one for his b'day instead?

16. DsMom

DsMom Approved members

Have actually decided to do this. That gives me until May...I'm sure they'll be back in stock by then!:)

17. Beach bum

Beach bum Approved members

And you can really research and get a good deal:D

18. jbmom1b2g

jbmom1b2g Approved members

I know you said you were giving up on these but I saw this on FB just barely if you are still interested.

Right now, Leap Frog has the LeapPad Bundles In-stock! If you have been trying to get one, you know how big of a deal this is!

Hurry over and grab one of the LeapPad bundles for $159.99. It comes in Pink or Green. And, it comes with the Explorer Mr. Pencil Game, the Globe Cartridge Game and a $20 LeapFrog? App Center Download Card.

IMPORTANT: If this deal goes out of stock, keep checking back throughout the next few days. The stock keeps going back in and out as LeapFrog gets in more shipments! So keep trying!