- advertisement -

Another you know your tired/have a cwd when thread...

Discussion in 'Parents Off Topic' started by Heather(CA), Nov 17, 2010.

1. Heather(CA)

Heather(CA) Approved members

In the same day I made coffee and forgot to put the decanter in it until I heard the coffee draining out all over the counter:eek:

Then, after coffee I accidentally tried to wash my face with shampoo:eek:

2. NomadIvy

NomadIvy Approved members

Thanks for the laugh Heather!!! LOL. I needed that.

3. Jessica L

Jessica L Approved members

The other night I gave Ri one of my sons seizure meds for her headache thankfully as I dropped it into her mouth I saw the color and freaked yelling for her to spit it out before she swallowed! I wanted to kick myself. She just hugged me and said it was ok. I felt like crap. Needless to say I now I have my sons meds in a box and the headache meds sitting where they were.

4. czardoust

czardoust Approved members

last Sunday at church I was running the computer for the service (the computer that puts the lyrics and other stuff on the overhead screen) and this was during prayer time - best time ever! - the computer started blaring out some bee-bop music from this minimized website that i was on to grab background pictures. i'm just happy it was a christian website! everyone got a good laugh.

5. 4monkeez

4monkeez Approved members

The other night when I was checking BG level at 2AM, I wailed my nose on the edge of the bunk bed while bending over to cover his sister...I ended up with a cut on my nose and a HUGE bruise, I look like I was beaten! I can only imaginje the neighborhood gossip :rolleyes:

6. Heather(CA)

OUCH! I can't tell you how many times Ihave bumped my head on Seth's top bunk...Poor kid always mumbles, "You OK mom?"

7. Teacups

Teacups Approved members

Ahhh.....! So this explains why I did the very same thing about a month ago. Also, have forgotten to put the lid of the coffee maker down. Finally figured something was wrong when strange noises were coming from the kitchen. :rolleyes:

8. MamaBear

MamaBear Approved members

So this one happend a few nights ago,both my teen daughter (..non D but worries alot about her D brother and so looses sleep sometimes..)and myself were too tired for words. So she comes in to wake me and tell me she's leaving for the bus stop. I spring up out of bed without even looking at the clock, and first think "oh BEEEP! I slept through his middle of the night check." Then walking out to the living room thinking "poor thing she has to walk to the bus stop in the dark. Better find her a flashlight." Ask her "do you have your key and your cell phone?" She touches her pocket where her key is and says "yeah" then takes her phone out, looks at it and says "What the HECK? Are you KIDDING me?!" I say "what?" she turns her phone so I can see the clock... 1:45 am. Poor thing said her alarm had gone off, and she got up without even looking at it. Got up and did her hair,got dressed,and was heading out the door. But she didn't eat breakfast because she didn't feel hungry yet. Poor girl. She went back to bed and I went to check his blood, and reset all of our alarms just to be safe.

9. denise3099

denise3099 Approved members

LMAO!!! :D

Just don't keep the hemorroid cream next to the zit cream--or the toothpaste! :eek:

10. LARSMS

LARSMS Approved members

Used wrong face wash and my eyes swelled up like balloons due to an allergic reaction. Tried to use a calming face mask only to realize that I had smeared my entire face with extra-strength hair gel.

My face was raw for a few days and I scared young kids.

11. BrendaK

BrendaK Neonatal Diabetes Registry

Monday -- I wore my shirt inside-out to the gym

Tuesday -- started the washing machine and didn't put the clothes in

Wednesday -- I wore mismatched tennis shoes to the gym

Today -- I put a hot pan next to a plastic bag of powdered sugar, melted the bag, didn't know it, picked it up and got a pound of powdered sugar all over the place.

But I'm not tired, I feel fine :rolleyes:

12. Heather(CA)

OK I have a new one, I was going golfing with my hubby and fil on Sat. My fil like my coffee so I made a big pot. The problem is that I forgot to dump the coffee out from the day before Grrr There was more but I'm too tired to remember them lol

13. ScottB

ScottB Approved members

A few months ago I had a tiny sliver of steel in my eye and my optometrist removed it and gave me special eye drops to help it heal. Shortly after waking up the next morning I put some more drops in my eye except this time my eye was burning after putting in the drops. What happened was I had nabbed a small bottle of contact lens cleaning solution that was setting near the bottle of eye drops I should have been using.

14. HanksMom

HanksMom Approved members

Saturday morning, I went into the kitchen to get Hank a sippy cup of water. Instead of water, I poured coffee into it. I realized it as I was handing it to him.

15. joy orz

joy orz Approved members

The baby has been teething and hollaring at night so has been sleeping with me.

Ava's overnight numbers have been wonky, and combined with a fussy baby, DH has been sleeping in her room.

The other night Ava needed some Mommy cuddles so she climbed into my bed and Daddy had baby duty.

Flash forward to 3 am when her Dex alarms right next to my head on the headboard.

I got up, walked down the hall with her meter and Dex, climbed over daddy and tried to check the baby's finger. :eek:

Then, I couldn't figure out where the heck Ava could be. She was in my bed, right where I left her.

16. joy orz

joy orz Approved members

I have more than once drank coffee out of a sippy cup. ;)

17. Bigbluefrog

Bigbluefrog Approved members

Lolololol. Thank God...it's not just me.

I have a photo on FB....where I am completely zoning...pictures don't lie

18. NomadIvy

NomadIvy Approved members

you guys crack me up!  Of course I am so together I don't do anything of this sort -- LOL! 

19. Heather(CA)

I have a new one..

Seth is sick so I was up a lot last night. When I dropped the other boys off at school instead of saying "Bye, have a good day" Like usual, I said "Goodnight":eek:

20. sugarmonkey

sugarmonkey Approved members

One night trying to cook dinner, I put the vegies in the pot then left them sitting on the bench, put the potatoes in the pot without cutting them up, put the meat in the oven and didn't turn the oven on. I gave up at this point and decided I was too dangerous to be cooking and got takeaways.

I also one morning put the sugar and teabag in my cup, then went to pour the water into the sugar bowl. Luckily I realised what I was doing in time.