- advertisement -

Another Type 1 in the house

Discussion in 'Parents of Children with Type 1' started by lil'Man'sMom, Dec 30, 2010.

1. lil'Man'sMom

lil'Man'sMom Approved members

...tonight.

My oldest son is going skiing tomorrow, his GF and her friend are spending the night so they can leave first thing. The friend is Type 1, dx'ed around the same time Mann was.

I am trying not to hover, she is 18 and as you all know YDMV. They are about to eat pizza and I really want to ask how she treats pizza and if she needs a wake-up call to check over night.

Would you ask?

Last edited: Dec 30, 2010
  2. Becky Stevens mom

Becky Stevens mom Approved members

I would ask as she may want a wake up call to test her blood but is embarrased to ask anyone. She may have an alarm to get herself up to test but I would think she'd appreciate your concern:cwds:

3. Tricia22

Tricia22 Approved members

I'd probably approach it with a... "So I know pizza can be tricky for us sometimes, ok, all the time... if you have a miracle dosing plan, I'd love to know it, and if not, I have to get up at X o'clock to check Manning anyway... if you want me to wake you for an extra after-pizza check, let me know."

I'd appreciate the offer...

4. Michelle (IL)

Michelle (IL) Approved members

I like Tricia's suggestion. As a mom, I think I would have to atleast offer.

5. joy orz

joy orz Approved members

Phew, the title of this post had me all upset.

That is so sweet of you to think this out. Maybe she's got a pizza trick up her sleeve. ;)

6. lil'Man'sMom

lil'Man'sMom Approved members

I asked my son, he asked her. She said she didn't need a wake-up but really appreciated the offer. My son then said not to worry he stays "in tune" to her because of the D.

They were off to ski at 6am.:)

7. swimmom

swimmom Approved members

Sounds like you have a very sweet son.