advertisement

Another Thyroid Thread

Discussion in 'Parents of Children with Type 1' started by funnygrl, Sep 29, 2010.

1. funnygrl

funnygrl Approved members

What was you or your child's TSH when you started synthroid? My endo told me mine's right at the border.

2. Marcia

Marcia Approved members

Abbey's TSH was 27, she was diagnosed when first hospitalized for D, but was not started on levoxyl until 6 months later. She takes 75mcg. daily.

3. Lee

Lee Approved members

Coco has been right on the border since diagnosis and they have not started her yet.

4. Tricia22

Tricia22 Approved members

My TSH had been steadily rising for years, and for the whole time I saw a pedi. endo, they said I had a "generous" thyroid. Well... upgrade to the adult endo. and upgrade the "generous" thyroid to an official goiter. Thyroid ultrasound showed micro-cysts in my thyroid. Surprisingly, my antiodies were negative (everyone in my D clinic was surprised it was negative... they were just going to do the antibody tests as a formality)... my TSH was rising, rising, rising, but still within normal limits until my last 2 TSH levels which dropped back down from borderline, to well within normal limits. More head scratching by docs, and just waiting, having thyroid levels drawn frequently, and planning for synthroid at some point in the future, it's just really a matter of when for me...
    But... Your Thyroid May Vary (YTMV)

5. emm142

emm142 Approved members

Between being dx'd with D and starting levothyroxine, my TSH varied from 2.6 to 12.1 (they never told me about the 12.1; I saw it the other day when I got a copy of my bloodwork results history from the endo. They started me on T4 when I became symptomatic. My TSH was 4.96. They looked at other things too, like free T4.

6. 5kids4me

5kids4me Approved members

Josh has been around 8 (tsh) every time they have tested. We hoped it would go back within normal range after his body adjusted to the insulin etc but it hasn't. His free t3 and t4 are within normal range.