- advertisement -

Another newbie!

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by luvmykids, Nov 30, 2008.

1. luvmykids

luvmykids New Member

Hello everyone. My husband and I are the proud parents of two great kids! An eight year old and a four year old. Two days before this Thanksgiving our four year old was diagnosed with Type 1 diabetes. Before we even had a chance to absorb the information we were given, we had to hit the ground running. Our minds have been filled with so much information! The last four days have begun to gradually get better and looking back we have already come a long way. But we are all just mentally exhausted! Our son is such a trooper and is slowly getting better with his daily "pokes" but it is by no means easy........yet. I am so thankful that we were able to catch this early and although it is not something that we can fix or make better for him, there is comfort in knowing that this is not a life threatening situation and with proper care he will still lead a long, healthy, normal life. These days have been hard and emotionally draining but I'm praying they will get better.
    I look forward to meeting and chatting with others who share the same ups and downs.

2. findthecure

findthecure Approved members

welcome to CWD

hi welcome to CWD. I hope you find it very useful. I am not a diabetic and noone close to me is but I am learning because I would really like to make a difference and help find the cure. Everyone here is very supportive. I hope you and your family are holding thru it! I'm here to talk whenever if you ever just need to vent.

3. Denise

Denise Approved members

Welcome to CWD! I'm so glad you found us so early after dx! Please feel free to post questions and vent as much as you like. No question is a dumb question. We all are here to learn from each other. I've only been at this nearly 7 months but I've learned a wealth of information from the members here. I even was able to get advice on Thanksgiving day! :eek: There's always someone around here. I was fortunate enough to have exchanged cell phone numbers with someone and was blessed enough to have that person around in my time of need. Reading is your friend. You'll learn so much here. :cwds:

oh ..and "welcome to the new normal"...I promise things will get easier soon.

4. iluvmhp

iluvmhp Approved members

Welcome, you definitely found the right place!

5. Connie(BC)Type 1

Connie(BC)Type 1 Approved members

6. Becky Stevens mom

Becky Stevens mom Approved members

Hi and welcome to a very supportive and caring place. You have a wonderful attitude already, your child and family are going to be just fine. Our kids are very brave and can do anything they want in life.

7. Kalebsmom

Kalebsmom Approved members

Welcome. I am sorry to hear about your son. It sounds like you are handling it very well. Kaleb's dx was 12-15-07 so we are coming up on the 1st anniversary and I can say it is starting to get a little easier.

I wish all of you well.

Off topic-My husband is from Colorado and we used to live in Boulder.

8. luvmykids

luvmykids New Member

Thank you to all the warm welcomes!

9. Barbzzz

Barbzzz Approved members

Welcome to CWD. Sorry you had to be here, but you will be grateful that you found us so quickly. This site and the parents here are awesome; a wealth of information, comfort and advice. I've been here for only a few months, and I can honestly say this place is habit-forming!