- advertisement -

Ann and Robert H. Lurie Children's Hospital

Discussion in 'Parents of Children with Type 1' started by Tricia22, Jun 28, 2013.

1. Tricia22

Tricia22 Approved members

I am turning to you all for help. You guys know that for years my dream has been to work professionally with kids with diabetes, and I have even written a "Part Time Caregivers Guide to Caring for Children with Type 1 Diabetes".
    I found and applied for an INCREDIBLE job at Ann and Robert H. Lurie Children's Hospital in Chicago. It's a registered nurse position at a pediatric ENDOCRINE office! This job could get me the experience I have been desperately seeking that would lead to becoming a certified diabetes educator.
    Does anyone on here have any connections with that hospital or connections through connections?
    I have already posted asking friends if there are any connections on Facebook, and on my LinkedIn profile, but if there's some kind of connection I could use, that just might get me an interview.
    Thanks in advance, and please feel free to PM me on here or e-mail me at: triciamoore2@aol.com
    Thanks!

2. hawkeyegirl

hawkeyegirl Approved members

No connection here, but I know that's a great facility, and just wanted to wish you the best of luck! :)

3. LJM

LJM Approved members

No connection but I wish you the best. DS has had a NP with diabetes and she has made all the difference (and so will you!). Hopefully someone knows someone...

4. mmc51264

mmc51264 Approved members

Good luck! I have been a nurse for a year and my son has T1; I am T2. I am considering starting the process of becoming a CDE. Not sure how to get the 1000 hours of experience?????

5. skyblufig

skyblufig Approved members

No connections here either - sorry! - but that's where ds was diagnosed Nov '12 and it's imho an excellent facility. My son had an *awesome* nurse named Rebecca while he was there that he loved so much. Best of luck!