- advertisement -

Animas Users

Discussion in 'Parents of Children with Type 1' started by Ivan's Mum, Oct 10, 2011.

1. Ivan's Mum

Ivan's Mum Approved members

How many times has your 2020 broken in the 4 year warranty period (or just out of it).

We're on the 3rd (all to do with loading and rewinding), a friend is on the 3rd and I remember someone in Australia having been thru 6.

Am contemplating where to go when it's time for a replacement. We are kind of limited about what is on offer here.

Many thanks.

2. liasmommy2000

liasmommy2000 Approved members

Oh I don't know. At least four, maybe more. I guess it doesn't bother me that much though. We'll be uprgrading to the Ping as soon as this one bites the bullet and I hope it's soon as even though our warranty expired in June, insurance won't replace it until it dies.

I must say with most of these the pump still worked, just needed replacing soon. One was a crack, one the rubber tore off due to my dd's roughness and catching it on something and another either the up or down buttons got really sticky and you had to push really hard. But in all of those cases it was still usable until the replacement arrived (and always quickly). There was only one or two times when it didn't work at all.

3. Beach bum

Beach bum Approved members

Fran, I think over 3 years we had 3 replacements. It was list prime, lost display and no delivery. The fact that we always got a replacement ASAP was more impOrtant to me. We always had a new one in less than 48 hours.

4. sarahspins

sarahspins Approved members

I don't have a 2020 but I'm on my 6th ping in just over two years... what has broken most often on mine is the button pad coming unglued. Once i had the battery compartment crack.

I went through an insane amount of MM pumps while i was with them though.... it was rare that I went more than a month or two without some sort of major mechanical issue that rendered my pump unusable (typically a motor error, occasionally some other kind of software error). In comparison the problems I've had with my Ping are pretty minor, and there hasn't once been an instance where I wasn't able to continue (safely) wearing my pump.

5. Nancy in VA

Nancy in VA Approved members

We were on the 2020 for a year and didn't have a replacement. We've been on the Ping for 3 years and 1 replacement - we had a long period of unexplained highs that I could only attribute to the boluses not working properly - she would do fine if I bolused her from a syringe and kept the basal going, but the boluses were like they didn't go at all and she ran in the 400s over and over and over again. That's the only replacment we've had.

I got a notice a few months ago that we were now out of warranty - haven't even bothered to do anything about it since we have had so few problems.

6. pianoplayer4

pianoplayer4 Approved members

I'm not on the 2020, im on the ping, but ive had my pump almost a year, and I'm on my third pump. 1st one broke from water damage 2nd one was defective and kept falsly alarming 3rd is the one i'm on now=) I've always had great and understanding service though......

7. Ivan's Mum

Ivan's Mum Approved members

Thanks for your replies and if people could keep them coming.

The reason I ask is that we buy our own pumps in this country. At $7,500 and only a 4 year waranty this is a HUGE issue.

Whilst great customer care is essential, unfortunatly here, it's not the most important thing. It's not looking great that this one won't cark out within the next year.

We are limited on choice (no ping, omnipod,etc).

8. Jacob'sDad

Jacob'sDad Approved members

I think we are on our fourth, but this one has lasted the longest. We are past the warranty period now. When this one goes it's new pump time.

Pumps are going to break. They are precise instruments that work 24/7 and take some abuse.

9. selketine

selketine Approved members

We have a Ping and it as been replaced once I think - due to something coming unglued and water getting in while in the pool. I got a replacement quickly though. I think the Ping is pretty much the same as the 2020 without the remote feature.

I think you're also most likely to get responses from people who've had a bunch of replacements rather than those who've had none.

10. mocha

mocha Approved members

I've had the 1250 (had one replacement during the 4 years) and I have a ping right now (since Jan, no replacements yet).

My younger brother has a ping as well (2 years) and hasn't had a replacement yet.

11. emilyandkevsmom

emilyandkevsmom Approved members

2020 here and dd has been through at least 6 in the past 4 years, I have lost count, may be more. Here lately the buttons have stopped working and the plastic around them does not hold up.

12. suzyq63

suzyq63 Approved members

We have had a Ping for 3 years and no replacements yet as far as the pump itself. Now the meter remote - that's a whole different story.