- advertisement -

Animas users: do you use the food list/ database???

Discussion in 'Parents of Children with Type 1' started by mmgirls, Aug 2, 2012.

1. mmgirls

mmgirls Approved members

we never have but wondering if it is easy to customize it for carb factors???

thinking for school surprise treats?

2. Charliesmom

Charliesmom Approved members

We never really have. I think I tried a couple times but it was a pain.

3. sarahspins

sarahspins Approved members

Nope.... when I first got my ping it seemed like too many foods used units of measure that just don't make much sense in the real world. You can't for example put in 4oz of apple.. it expects that you just want to eat an average small apple, and if you have a large apple (or slices), you have to figure out (by yourself) how many servings of their arbitrary measurement your apple is... you can't simply put in a weight.

4. mom24grlz

mom24grlz Approved members

we've never used that feature. But i'm pretty sure my nephew uses it on his ping. I don't know how easy it is to put in carb factors but I know SIL has put in the carbs for my nephew's favorite foods.

5. MomTo4Girls

MomTo4Girls Approved members

We haven't used it yet but have only had the pump for 2 weeks. Our CDE said she has never seen anyone use the custom food lists.

6. nanhsot

nanhsot Approved members

Nope, but then he doesn't use the meter remote either!

7. DsMom

DsMom Approved members

This seemed like a neat feature in theory when we first got the Ping...but we've never used it either.

8. Tigerlilly's mom

Tigerlilly's mom Approved members

I thought it was going to be a feature we used all the time...but it is a pain, and just adds to the button pushing so we don't use it.

9. GaPeach

GaPeach Approved members

Nope - never really use it. DD has a great memory for her favorite foods. She guesstimates well on anything different.

10. ecs1516

ecs1516 Approved members

Nope, we only used the carb database while on the Cozmo. It was easier to use. We really don't need it much anymore.

11. Beach bum

Beach bum Approved members

Yep, that's our feeling too.

12. zoomom456

zoomom456 Approved members

I input the daycares entire menu into the food database. The staff find it faster and easier to use the paper copy I provided.

13. GaPeach

GaPeach Approved members

I'm sure that this is a wonderful feature for caregivers who need carb counts provided. Much easier than writing it down all the time.

14. mmgirls

mmgirls Approved members

wow someone that actually uses it!

So I have a question for you, do you think it is possible to enter carb information in by carb factor. IE serving size would be 1g and carbs in 0.??? format.

IE bread weighting 50g

I would dial up 50servings and at .5 per serving it would calculate 25carb?

Or strawberries weighting 50g
    I would dial up 50 servings and at 0.08 per serving it would calculate 4 carbs?

15. kiwikid

kiwikid Approved members

I read this as the staff find it easier to use the PAPER copy, than the database. :confused:

16. zoomom456

zoomom456 Approved members

Just to clarify, the daycare prefers to use the paper copy provided. They can add up carbs faster on the calculator. The food database just takes too many button pushes.

ETA - I spent hours putting in a menu that is not used. It is not easy to enter that many foods.