- advertisement -

animas pump question

Discussion in 'Teens' started by Diet Dr. Pepper, Feb 17, 2009.

1. Diet Dr. Pepper

Diet Dr. Pepper Approved members

Well, I was wondering, what would make the history in your pump be erased? Because, I changed the battery, and then set the pump on my desk.. well, it fell off, and it wouldn't turn on for a couple seconds. It came back on a few seconds later, and everything seems normal, but the history seems to have been erased... What could cause this???

Oh, and before that, right after I changed the battery, I did a site change and changed the insulin and everything. I primed and filled the cannula, but an alarm on my pump just went off and said it's not primed... and that there was no delivery... did this happen because it fell to the floor? I"m really confused... I'm gonna post this in the parents section too... maybe they can help..

2. MissEmi

MissEmi Approved members

Were there any magnets on your desk? I've heard they can really mess up a pump. Especially those cricket thingys.

3. Diet Dr. Pepper

Diet Dr. Pepper Approved members

no, no magnets here... I'm calling animas... ugh

4. LadyBug

LadyBug Approved members

it's good that you're calling then, i have no clue about the history.
    the not primed alarm, however, i can help with-when you replace the battery you have to completely reset the pump(rewind, load, prime, fill cannula). but since it's already been done, the pump just doesn't recognise that, make sure to unplug before you do any of it ;).
    good luck figuring out the other, i hope it's nothing you have to not use you pump for.