- advertisement -

Animas Pump Cartridge Recall

Discussion in 'Parents of Children with Type 1' started by HBMom, Feb 22, 2011.

1. ecs1516

ecs1516 Approved members

Yes, mine are the listed lots.:(
    Only have two left of those though. I have others that I am using now.
    I quit using them soon as I had problems with several.

I only had one of the lot numbers listed.

2. selketine

selketine Approved members

UPS just delivered our box from Animas with the new cartridges. It was "signature required" so don't expect it to be left at the door.

Inside were 3 boxes of cartridges to replace our 3 recalled boxes - and there is a USPS priority mail "large flat rate box" with $14.95 worth of postage to do the returns with.

That has to cost them a pretty penny to do all these returns.

3. Lisa P.

Lisa P. Approved members

Still no notice on the animas site and still no google news results.

4. miffedmom

miffedmom New Member

We also received our replacement cartridges today...I must admit I am very pleased at how they expidited the replacements and the return for recalled cartridges....it doesn't change the crazy blood sugar numbers we were having but it does make moving forward a little easier

5. ecs1516

ecs1516 Approved members

Shoot! I have to sign for it? I have been out twice today already.

6. selketine

selketine Approved members

Mine definitely said signature required on the sticker and he said I had to sign (cause usually he drops them off and goes). Maybe this is why Animas did the robocall yesterday but they didn't say they were sending them this way so that you had to be home.

7. ecs1516

ecs1516 Approved members

This stinks. I missed my shipment because of an appointment. Why did they have to make it sig required?

8. HBMom

HBMom Approved members

I lucked out. My UPS guy saw me walking my dog - honked his horn and got my signature - then dropped the box off at my house....now that's customer service! Animas replaced all five boxes even though I already used 2 of them with little to no problems (that I can recall).

9. ecs1516

ecs1516 Approved members

I asked Animas today when I called about missing the delivery. They said they were sending 5 boxes. I guess they don't have a record they already replaced one of these because of leaks earlier this month? I told them and he didn't know what to say about it.

10. Jeff

Jeff Founder, CWD

11. Chippy28

Chippy28 Approved members

Hate to bring this thread back up...

For those who get their supplies from distributors have you heard anything?

12. Michelle'sMom

Michelle'sMom Approved members

We get our supplies through a 3rd party distributor. We've heard absolutely nothing. I'm grateful I found the info here. We have none of the recalled lots.

13. Chippy28

Yeah, I haven't heard anything either except for here. I do have one partially used box left of the affected lots. :(

I left a message with my distributor, but haven't heard back yet. Just wondering if we need to go through the distributor or if Animas is handling everything.

14. aidensmom

aidensmom Approved members

I think you'll need to call Animas. We get our supplies from Liberty and still have not heard anything. I called Liberty and they told me to call Animas. Animas told me they'd be shipping replacements about a week ago, but we still have not received them.

15. obtainedmist

obtainedmist Approved members

Today, I received an overnighted letter with all the info that was in the email. It was dated Feb. 22nd! I've called Animas no less than 5 times trying to get the replacement cartridges. For a while, I felt as if we were in the middle of a bad Catch-22 parody. It was scary!

If you aren't satisfied about getting your cartridges yet, call the Animas Cartridge Fulfillment Center at 1-877-280-2339. They'll need the pump serial number, the lot number and quantity of affected cartridges and of course, your mailing address. Today, they told me that I'd have the 5 boxes tomorrow. But I'm not holding my breath because they've promised that before. Sheesh!

16. Chippy28

Thank you for the number! I will be calling them tomorrow. I spoke with my supply company and they also told me to call Animas. I am beginning to become quite frustrated that Animas never contacted me.

17. obtainedmist

Well, after being told 3 different times by the Animas cartridge fulfillment center that they would be overnighted, I'm wondering if they have any idea where they are sending these replacements! Thank heavens I had an extra box of unaffected cartridges because this has been going on for almost 3 weeks! Just wondering if any of the folks here who get their cartridges from suppliers have actually received their replacements. :confused:

18. obtainedmist

Don't mind me while I talk to myself on this thread:rolleyes:. Yet another conversation with the "Fulfillment Center" at Animas...quite an oxymoron if you ask me! The 4th or 5th time I've given them all the info and have been promised that the cartridges will be overnighted tomorrow! I'm beginning to feel as if the daily calls are mostly for entertainment value.

19. Lisa P.

Lisa P. Approved members

We seem to have received two shipments, probably one from our phone call and one from animas records. I'm not sure that's what happened, because one shipment wasn't delivered because we weren't here to sign, but the UPS guy said he thought there were two boxes.
    Ours are straight from animas, though.
    I guess the take home for me on this one is to always be aware there could be a problem with equipment that hasn't yet been identified or communicated. I'm not sure where to go with that, though. I already don't like relying on all this hardware and these distant companies, but I'd resigned myself to it because of the benefits of pumping. Now I'm feeling on shaky ground. Guess we're always on shaky ground, we just don't always know it. :eek:

20. obtainedmist

Finally got the 5 boxes today from Animas! I can retire my squeaky wheel impersonation! Hooray! :D