- advertisement -

Animas Ping Software

Discussion in 'Insulin Pumps' started by typeoneX2, Nov 9, 2009.

1. typeoneX2

typeoneX2 Approved members

A question for anyone using the ezManager software with the Animas Ping...

Can I download the results from more than one meter and merge the data? The reason I ask is that my son has a contour meter that he uses at school and uses the Ping meter at home. Can both be downloaded into the ezManager software and merged?

Thanks in advance

2. Nancy in VA

Nancy in VA Approved members

What do you need from the Contour meter that you don't otherwise get? I just download the pump (I don't even download the Ping meter) and get everything I need? Can he put his readings at school into his pump and then you just download the pump?

They are pretty restrictive as to which meters they support for download

3. typeoneX2

If he is at or below his target he does not enter his reading into the pump. He uses the contour, since it has no coding and we waste less strips than with the lifescan meters. I am not a big fan of the lifescan meters. I am also concerned that he may loose or damage the ping meter at school.

I noticed the contour was an option for download in the ezManager software, but I am wondering if I merge the data what will happen?

4. typeoneX2

The other reason I ask the question, is that I use the Animas 1200 and have a meter that I keep at home and one at my office. Merging the data from more than one meter has been a problem. I never looked at the ezmanager software, as my sales rep told me not to bother, as the 1200 has no food database. However, if it will merge two meters together that would be a big plus.

5. ecs1516

ecs1516 Approved members

I download the Ping meter and the Ping pump. Love the logbook.
    I believe you can download different meters you just have to assign it to the same person.

6. Gracie'sMom

Gracie'sMom Approved members

I download from different lifescan meters. The ping and an older one touch meter we have here, and from the pump. No problems.