- advertisement -

Animas or MM?????

Discussion in 'Teens' started by kierbabi09, Oct 22, 2008.

1. kierbabi09

kierbabi09 Approved members

I asked about a pump today and my endo seemed to want me to get a MM, but I really want an animas (thank you Jess;))
    So...what do you think?!?!? Nothing about the minimed, atleast for ME, seems all that great. There is nothing bad about it, I just really want an animas pump. So..do i go with what I want or what the endo wants?
    Pleas help!

2. BobbyJackElmo

BobbyJackElmo Approved members

I think you should go with what you want since you will be the one using it and it will be connected to you not the endo.

3. kierbabi09

Yeah that's what I was thinking too. She said something about connecting the MM to the internet and sending everything to her that way? Have you ever heard of that???

4. BobbyJackElmo

BobbyJackElmo Approved members

I havent. When I got my pump I went to this ssembly with bunch of other kids and learned about most of the pumps and just chose the one I liked. Which ws the cozmo. But I say go with your choice so youll be comfortable even if the endo doesnt like it. It might sound bad but oh well. Haha. If I had a choice to get a different pump I would get the MiniMed Pradigm because it has the CGM.

5. Nancy in VA

Nancy in VA Approved members

You should choose what you are most comfortable with. You are the one wearing it.

The Animas has software where you can download your pump. You can export the data and if your CDE has the same software she can import your readings and see them. I do this with our CDE all the time

6. MissEmi

MissEmi Approved members

Go with what you want! If you want a CGMS eventually, I'd say MM, and if you REALLY REALLY want that PING, go with Animas. That's really what it comes down to In my opinion, and you always sound like you want the PING so I say go for it if it's what YOU want!

7. Mody_Jess_Pony

Mody_Jess_Pony Approved members

I already said this.
    Emphasize teh fact YOU have to wear it on your BODY and if you are not comfortable with it and it is not to your satisfaction your not interested at all.
    I know from experiance. don't do it if your not at least 99% there.

8. kierbabi09

Nah, I'm fine without the CGMS to be honest. I like my good 'ole meter.
    But...te ping is what I wanted from the beginning.

Yeah I know Jess. I just wanted to make sure that she can't MAKE me get a certain pump, ya know? I don't want her trying to convince me otherwise either.
    I mean right now I am still just looking, and I WILL look at MM, but I think Animas seems the right choice for me.

9. MissEmi

MissEmi Approved members

Hey, when it comes down to it...SHE isn't the one paying for it. Your insurance and your parents are (well mine was covered 100% :D) My endo is just partial to pumps period and offers a "class" where you can play with all the pumps and try the different infusion sets. That's where I decided on MM, of course at the time I was interested in the CGMS and Animas didn't have the PING yet. And I wasn't a Cozmo kind of person, wasn't for me I guess.

10. Daxdog

Daxdog Approved members

Just choose what you want. If she tries to get you to choose the mm and you don't want to, tell her that. It is your personal decision. You are the one who has to live with it for 4 years, not her. I would (out of experience) trial whichever pumps you are interested in if you are havig a hard time deciding, so you can have first-hand experience with both of them. They usually let you trial each for a month.

11. kierbabi09

OK I think that (if it is covered) then I will go with the Animas.
    there is nothing wrong with the MM, but I just don't think it is for me.
    Thanks guys:)

12. Mody_Jess_Pony

See if your insurence only covers the MM than whatever so be it. However if you HAVE a choice PICK the pump you will be happy with. If you get the MM but had the choice you might always be like "I wish I had the animas." and even being a little unhappy with pumping makes it hard.

13. MissEmi

MissEmi Approved members

Go with MM only if your insurance ONLY covers it over Animas, if it covers Animas and you don't get it, you'll only be disappointed and instead of being happy with A pump you'll wish for THE pump you might have had.

14. Danielle2008

Danielle2008 Approved members

If your insurance covers both, I think you should talk with both reps before making a final decision :cwds:

Both pumps are great, and in the end I agree....choose the one you like best!

15. Mody_Jess_Pony

Make sure your endo has called Animas. Tell her what you really think about the situation be honest about it.