- advertisement -

Animas or Minimed?

Discussion in 'Teens' started by mf123, Nov 11, 2008.

1. mf123

mf123 Approved members

I'm planning to start pumping soon but I need some advice in deciding which pump to choose. I've narrowed down my options to the Animas and the Minimed. Any recommendations? What are the advantages/disadvantages of each?

2. diamondback688

diamondback688 Approved members

I can't help you with this one because I don't have either. I'm on a Cozmo. Hopefully Jordon or Rae will see this thread.

3. Diet Dr. Pepper

Diet Dr. Pepper Approved members

Hey! I use Animas and I love it! I liked Minimed too, but when I tried the infusion set on I had a reaction to it... And the sales people kind of turned me off.. They kept going on and on about how their pump was THE best lol.. No offense to any Minimed users! :p But be sure to try on a infusion set from each pump company at the pump class.. one might be more comfortable than the other :rolleyes:

Here is a couple of great websites that compare pumps side-by-side!

http://www.diabetesnet.com/diabetes_technology/insulin_pump_models.php

http://www.integrateddiabetes.com/pumpcomp/pump_comparison.htm

4. iluvmhp

iluvmhp Approved members

I definetly recommend you seeing each pump. Button pushing is important. You need hold them and get of "feel" for how they work. Either option will be a great one!!! Lots of luck!

5. MissEmi

MissEmi Approved members

Button pushing is VERY important...that's one of the major things that made my decision! That and infusion sets. Good LUCK!!!
    ETA: I have Minimed.

6. NoName

NoName Approved members

I personally like Animas. My boyfriend and my kid both have MiniMed, I dunno, I don't really like the screens, the buttons or anything on the MiniMed. But hey, who knows! You may like Minimed! Good luck on choosing!

7. kierbabi09

kierbabi09 Approved members

I just got my minimed last week but I'm not pumping yet. I actually wanted an Animas, but I'm so glad that I chose the MM. I can't offer any advice really just wanted to say good luck and let us know what you choose!

8. mf123

mf123 Approved members

9. karpoozi123

karpoozi123 Approved members

sorry I didn't answer this sooner. ;) I think I already told you why I went with minimed, but I wanted to tell you that everyone usuall loves their pump, so whichever you choose just enjoy it!
    (sorry I haven't been at the computer much. I'll try to let you know when I'm gonna be around-it's been a crazy week....)

10. JordynS

JordynS Approved members

i dont have a pump yet, but im looking as well.
    :)

I know its hard, but im looking at the animas ping.
    I like how it has a remote as well as the buttons on the front.

My mom likes how mm has the cgm though.
    But whichever you chose, im sure you will be happy.

And if you need any help, feel free to talk to me,
    i dont have a pump yet, but im looking just like you.
    :)

11. Daxdog

Daxdog Approved members

Hey. I have an animas ping and I love it. It is all personal opinion really. There is a virtual Animas 2020 on their website. I have never even seen a minimed outside of the internet or diabetic camp, so I have no opinion on them. The Animas has a meter remote which you can bolus from, and (in my opinion) it is the most attractive because it does not look like it is made of cheap plastic, it looks more professional. It has a color screen.

I am going to finish this in a second I need to test. I feel a low coming on.

12. s0ccerfreak

s0ccerfreak Approved members

I have been pumping with MM for 7 years and absolutely love my pump. If you have specific q's about MM let me know and I will try to answer them.
    ~Rae

13. Daxdog

Daxdog Approved members

I'm back, sorry chores and dinner. Like Rae said, specific questions are preferred. They are easier than just summarizing the pump.

14. mf123

mf123 Approved members

I don't really know what questions to ask since I have never pumped :confused:. I'll have to play around with each of them first before deciding... I'll post here once I have more specific questions. Thanks for you help!!:):)

Last edited: Nov 14, 2008