- advertisement -

Animas-dex/Omnipod-dex

Discussion in 'Parents of Children with Type 1' started by MReinhardt, Jul 20, 2010.

1. MReinhardt

MReinhardt Approved members

I know some of this has been discussed before, I guess I forgot the details.

Ok...Since Nov of 2008, Chell has been very afraid of the MM pump. Chell voiced it pretty heavily the past several days. She so wants to stop MM pumping. She knows going back to shots, is not an option, and she can not duplicate what the pump does. She does not mind the MM sensors or the guardian or the dex. But she is afraid that carrying around two different items pump and cgms one of them will end up getting lost or left behind. Unfortunately she can't switch until she goes back to the Endo in Oct. (she dont like the current endo, and neither do I..so another new Endo she will have in Oct) Also the way her insurance is set up...its gonna be pulling tooth and nail to get a different pump and cgms.

I sure wish I could wave a magic want to have her switch pumps now....I would do it..just for her.

So..anyone know of a really good estimate when Animas-dex or Omnipod-dex is pair up?

Thanks

2. Tyson'smom

Tyson'smom Approved members

We were just at a JDRF event at Idlewild Park sponsored by Omnipod and the rep was talking like the Pod/Dex integration is going to be very soon ~ like before the end of the year ~ and that the new pods are going to be the schizzle.