advertisement

Animas Customer Service

Discussion in 'Parents of Children with Type 1' started by onthego, Jul 7, 2014.

1. onthego

onthego Approved members

Can anyone help me out? What is going on with Animas? I have fits with their website EVERY TIME I try to order pump supplies. Recently I got a letter apologizing for any inconvenience while they upgraded their system along with a complimentary battery cap. So I thought, great, things will be on track again. No! Same problems today! It is sooooo frustrating when it's medical supplies for my child that I'm having trouble obtaining!! Is it just me?

2. Christopher

Christopher Approved members

Have you tried using the phone?

3. onthego

onthego Approved members

:cwds: yes, I have. Usually there is a very long wait- 45+ minutes at times. But today I called and was able to reorder using an automated feature I wasn't previously aware of. Not sure if it's new or not. But then I wanted expedited shipping because I'm getting nervous about how low our supplies are, so I needed to speak to someone... I talked to someone who was very hard to understand and he repeatedly put me on hold for 5 minutes at a time- making me worry that maybe he didn't know what he was doing. It just seems like with a medical supply company, things should run a little smoother than this.

4. Beach bum

Beach bum Approved members

Two words for you. Mail order. We switched over and the hassles have been minimal.

5. onthego

onthego Approved members

Which mail order company do you use? We pay for all pump supplies out of pocket so cost is a factor. We used ADW for a time but had issues with their auto ship.

6. Beach bum

Beach bum Approved members

We used Medco and they were pretty good, and now we use OptumRx (through our insurance). We did save about $200 per order (90 day supply) using mail order.

7. dshull

dshull Approved members

I called Animas to place an order today for the first time in awhile. Got through quickly and the guy was helpful but clearly not well versed in supplies and what did what, etc. I think they have sent their ordering off shore. He also said they would ship within 14 business days, which is very unhelpful and not what I've experienced in the past. So we'll see if it really takes that long - pretty ridiculous to take almost 3 weeks to ship a bunch of pump supplies.

8. sincity2003

sincity2003 Approved members

Yes, it is taking this long. It took them exactly 14 days to send out DS' pump supplies and that was after me calling and complaining 3 days in a row and only did the 4th person I talked to tell me about this "new" 14 day turnaround time. They ended up overnighting his supplies because I raised such a fit and the sample supplies they offered to send arrived the day after the full order arrived.

9. MEVsmom

MEVsmom Approved members

I have had similar experiences, but I did place an order a couple of weeks ago that arrived probably within a week. The wait time is ridiculous though and the online system won't seem to work for anything.

10. jenm999

jenm999 Approved members

I don't know if this is relevant, but our insurance has all diabetes stuff handled through a third party, in our case Neighborhood Diabetes (others I've heard of are Edgepark and Liberty). I got a call on Thursday confirming we needed another shipment of Dexcom sensors and I said yes; they have our credit card on file and they arrived on our doorstep this morning. Maybe you can set up something like that for consumable supplies? Good luck.

11. sneakermom

sneakermom Approved members

We, too, are having significant issues obtaining supplies from Animas. It's gotten so bad that we are considering switching to a new pump. I placed a supply order on June 26. Nothing. No follow up from them. I called in early July to get the status and they said they were waiting for my doctor's certificate of medical necessity. Our doctor never received this request. Doc gave us her direct email address to have them send the necessary forms for her to fill out. Even with it taking 18 days to get to this point, they couldn't automatically send her the documents via email. They now have to send it on to their "prescription team" to get them to send her the documents. Here, I have a doctor sitting at her desk with my DH, ready willing and able to complete the forms...and they can't just send them to her. On top of that, they tell me they can't send the supplies right after they receive the doctor's notes, because it needs insurance verification. And the kicker...they want to charge me an additional fee to overnight these supplies once this all happens. DD leaves for diabetes camp in 3 days, and I don't have her supplies. Time to start searching for a new company for this mom.

12. MEVsmom

MEVsmom Approved members

We use a third party for our Dexcom Supplies (Diabetes Management and Supplies) and they are worse than Animas. I have never actually screamed at someone at a business until a few months ago when they put me over the edge. I'm not sure where to go next becasue everyone seems to have issues with every single company.