- advertisement -

Animas customer service now terrible?

Discussion in 'Insulin Pumps' started by rudeguy, Jan 31, 2012.

1. sparty87

sparty87 Approved members

I've been trying to reach the reorder department for the past hour. I think they are having problems with call routing from the toll free number to operators. For the first few attempts, I get an offer to use the "search service operator" to find the right party. The last time, I get routed to a "special offers" prompt asking me to answer questions to see if the offer is right for me. Animas seem unable to get their act together.

2. Nancy in VA

Nancy in VA Approved members

I called today to the reorder dept and after holding for about 20 mins, I got through. I have received an email about autoship and I wanted to cancel it. Wonder what's going on with your call!

3. sincity2003

sincity2003 Approved members

I called Tuesday, the 11th, around 4:45 pm and sat on hold for 67 minutes to re-order supplies. They were apologetic and it only took about 10 minutes to do the reorder, but that 67 minutes was quite annoying. Wish they had a call back feature like Dexcom does!

4. Mommy For Life

Mommy For Life Approved members

I had to call tech support this morning. I was dropping my DD off for camp and was just about to leave when her pump alarmed saying No Delivery Call Cust Support. I just about died because DD was leaving overnight and we never had that kind of error message before. I called support line and got a tech person right away. Support person walked me through the steps to clear alarm and all was good. We don't reorder with Animas, so I am not sure if that dept is giving everyone else the grief.

Overall, I have always had good help from Animas. If that changed, I would obviously consider other pump options.

5. MEVsmom

MEVsmom Approved members

I called on Monday afternoon to get a new clip. I tried to place the order online,but it wouldn't process. I held for 47 minutes. the girl in ordering told me oh, that's covered under warranty, let me transfer you to tech. I held about another 20 minutes. The girl first said, oh yes, it's covered. She's only had it 6 weeks. Let me process that. Then she asked, does she turn the pump up to look at it while its clipped to her pants. I said, yes, I think so.....oh, then that's not covered. She said, do you want to aske her again if she flips it up becasue if she doesn't it's covered. I said, I can ask her, but he answer is going to be whatever she thinks I want to hear. She is 8. So then she says, let me transfer you back to ordering. At that point, I had been on the phone for an hour and 15 minutes. I said I wasn't holding anymore so she said she'd have Monique call me back. Monique called back almost three hours later to take my order. At that point, I said, hey I saw that paper for a free skin in my pump box, but we couldn't get the order to go through. The response, no problem. We'll include that. The clip arrived yesterday...... no skin. Seriously the tech girl should have replaced the clip. We are talking about $19.95 and no one ever told me that she can't flip it up to look at it. I must say, we only started a few weeks ago, but my experience has not been good so far. I can't ever make their online system work to avoid this.