- advertisement -

Animas 2020

Discussion in 'Parents of Children with Type 1' started by RomeoEcho, Oct 27, 2015.

1. RomeoEcho

RomeoEcho Approved members

Animas sent notices earlier this year that the 2020 would auto destruct at the end of 2015. I realize there probably aren't very many of us trying to squeek a few more months out of a 7 year old pump, but I do need to get a little more life out of it. Since the date is manually set, I'm figuring that if I tell it is still 2005, and don't connect it to a computer, it shouldn't have any way of knowing to die at midnight on 12/31. But does anyone know anything I don't? Any reason this shouldn't work?

I'm planning on traveling over New Year's this year, and I'll obviously bring more back up than I normally will in case it does manage to blow itself up, but I'd like to know how likely my vacation is to be inturupted by this.

It's been out of warranty since 2008 so there is nothing Animas will do to help (was an upgrade at the end of my warranty)

2. funnygrl

funnygrl Approved members

Animas specifically said that won't work, but good luck. I still can't believe that they did that. I thought Roche was the only company with a penchant for making their pumps self destruct.

3. RomeoEcho

RomeoEcho Approved members

Update: I set my pump date as 2005 and it's still running just fine. Looks like someone wanted me to upgrade...

4. funnygrl

funnygrl Approved members

That's great news! I wondered how the pump would know it wasn't really 2005.