- advertisement -

Animas 2020 question

Discussion in 'Parents of Children with Type 1' started by kiwimum, Mar 15, 2012.

1. kiwimum

kiwimum Approved members

Just a question

Is the Animas 2020 being phased out in favour of the Ping and Vibe? Or is that just a rumour that I've heard??:confused:

I ask because in NZ, the entity that is responsible for funding our medicines/medical devices have finally agreed to fund insulin pumps, if you meet their criteria. But they are only considering funding the Animas 2020.
    The public have been invited to submit their thoughts on this proposal, and while it is a step in the right direction for D care in NZ, there are concerns that only one brand will be funded, so those of us on other pumps will get no financial help at all, and to some of us, that is not fair.

If anyone could enlighten me on the Animas 2020 being discontinued, it would be much appreciated.:)

2. mocha

mocha Approved members

From my understanding, they are phasing out production of the 2020, just like they did with the IR 1000 and the IR 1200 series.

They should still sell accessories for the products (a quick check in the animas store for the US says they do), but it will probably no longer be the company's focus. The 2020 is luer lock, so all the current luer lock infusion sets will work with it, and the pump cartridge is the same for the Ping, the 2020, and the IR1200 series.

Every pump company seems to do this. I don't see Medtronic offering the 507c or the 508 anymore, for example (did I just date myself?).