- advertisement -

Angel Bites

Discussion in 'Recipe Exchange' started by vallecito93, Dec 16, 2007.

1. vallecito93

vallecito93 Approved members

I found this recipe on Splenda.com. It was fun to make and the girls actually liked them. I let them sprinkle a little colored topping on them but I guess you could even use food coloring to color them. I didn't use any filling. They are definitely different but they are kinda tasty.

5 egg whites
    1/3 cup SPLENDA® No Calorie Sweetener, Granulated
    1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla
    1 pinch salt

Directions Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Lightly oil a 13x11-inch baking sheet. Set aside.

Make Angel Bites
    Place egg whites in a medium mixing bowl. Whip on high speed using an electric mixer or wire whisk until frothy. Add SPLENDA® Granulated Sweetener, vanilla and salt. Mix on high speed until medium-stiff peaks form (approx. 20-30 seconds with an electric mixer).

Spoon rounded tablespoons of egg whites onto prepared baking sheet. Bake in preheated oven 10-15 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from pan. Cool.

Assemble Angel Bites. Just before serving, sandwich Angel Bites with filling of choice. Place filling on the bottom of one Angel Bite and top with another so that the bottoms of the Angel Bites are facing each other and the filling is sandwiched between them. Repeat with remaining Angel Bites.
    Note
    Exchanges per Serving: 1/2 Very Lean Meat

Nutrition Info
    Servings Per Recipe: 5
    Amount Per Serving
    Calories: 20
    Calories from Fat: 0
    Total Fat: 0g
    Saturated Fat: 0g
    Cholesterol: 0mg
    Sodium: 130mg
    Total Carbs: 1g