- advertisement -

All 3 kids home sick!

Discussion in 'Parents of Children with Type 1' started by melissajm, Nov 2, 2009.

1. melissajm

melissajm Approved members

Ben, Nate & Lilly have all had 102 temps & a nasty cough. Lilly woke up today at 62 w/ 1.1 ketones:p which are now gone. We went to the doctors this morning & had a strep test done. Waiting on those results, but everything else checked out OK w/ all 3. Now we're all home watching movies & disinfecting!!

2. Becky Stevens mom

Becky Stevens mom Approved members

Oh ugh Melissa:( I hope everyones soon on the mend and no flu! Make sure you get plenty of rest yourself.

3. 2type1s

2type1s Approved members

Ugh....I'm so sorry!

4. Snowbound

Snowbound Approved members

My DS is through. Not the most severe flu he's ever had but it was really long, it lasted about a week. Lots of stubborn highs. Now my other son has it and I'm just waiting for my turn.

BTW - Have you seen the H1N1 song, pretty funny;
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YZBeOp_U_Tg&feature=fvst

5. mollgirl

mollgirl Approved members

No flu here yet. Hopefully they'll feel better soon.

6. melissajm

As the day has progressed we have found out that about 1/4 of one of our elementary schools (gr. 3-5) was out sick today. Not sure about the 2nd elementary, but sounds like maybe close to the other. Even thought the kids are fever free & feeling better I may keep them home another day. Oh yeah...swine flu is here too, confirmed in both schools!

7. Tigerlilly's mom

Tigerlilly's mom Approved members

Tyler is lying on the couch coughing, can barely stay awake and says that his legs were aching today:(.

I know that he really doesn't feel well, because his answer to my suggestion of not going to hockey practice tonight was "okay" and then walked out of the room and laid down on the couch. (and not because he was upset - but because he was tired)

8. melissajm

Oh no Jen. I hope he's not getting what everyone else has!

Looks like 29% of the elementary students were out sick today. We need to disinfect our schools!!!