- advertisement -

Alien abduction?

Discussion in 'Parents Off Topic' started by hawkeyegirl, Mar 4, 2010.

1. StillMamamia

StillMamamia Approved members

:D This is hilarious!

To Fran - if anyone puts you on the ignore list for your beliefs, let me know and I'll deal with them.:D

I don't know if there's life in another planets. Probably, but surely not like us. Life's also microscopic creatures, so yeah, it's possible. But green men driving around a flying saucer? Don't really buy that.

Angels and ghosts? Well, to be matter is also energy, so that I can accept. But the mind also plays a lot of tricks on us, so it's a definite blurry area. For me personally, it helps to believe in angels and ghosts. But is it because they really exist or because my mind feels comfortable with the idea of them existing? I don't know.

2. bbirdnuts@aol.com

bbirdnuts@aol.com Approved members

joy orz, I'm glad I was finally able to stop laughing. Thanks for that. Way too funny.

3. frizzyrazzy

frizzyrazzy Approved members

I sort of think guardian angels are different than ghosts. just my 2 cents. Can't really express that in better words though, so I'll leave it at that.

4. Lee

Lee Approved members

Yes - I have even seen mine.

5. ScottB

ScottB Approved members

That's precisely what my reply would've been. :D

Do I believe in God? Sure do in fact I have no doubts but can I prove Gods existence to you? Nope.

Considering how large our entire universe is, my thoughts are open to the possibility that intelligent life may exist elsewhere other than our own solar system but until some little green man lands in my yard and says "take me to your leader" I'm not going to actually believe it until I see it.

I do have an eerie story however I can't really call it a ghost story because the people involved were still alive at the time. The story had to do with my dad waking up one morning, not quite dawn yet but the sky was lighting up just enough so my dad could see objects in the bedroom and standing at the foot of his bed was my grandfather who was living with my Aunt at the time 250 miles away and seemed to be trying to say something but couldn't quite say it and then faded away. My dad shot out of bed and called my Aunt to make sure all was OK but never mentioned to her what he had just experienced and of course my grandfather was fine. My dad basically dismissed it as a figment of his imagination and thought nothing more of it until later that year while visiting my grandfather, my dad brought the subject up. My grandfather was a man of few words and never claimed to have any psychic ability however his reply about the incident made my dad freeze in his tracks and my grandfathers reply was simply "I remember that morning well, you were really on my mind that morning".

Last edited: Mar 5, 2010
  6. hmmmcormick

hmmmcormick Approved members

I believe there is intelligent life out there somewhere. Are they visiting us? Maybe, but why would they. If they are intelligent enough to create the kind of travel it would take to get here why would they be interested in us? We would be in the "stone age" to them. Unless they are just out there keeping an eye on us, kind of like the movie, The Day the Earth Stood Still (I mean the original, not the recent remake.)

I believe there are unidentified flying objects, but that doesn't mean they are spaceships. Although, my brother, a fact driven attorney, claims he saw a "spaceship" one night, years ago, when he was walking in the evening. He was living in KS and he could describe it quite well, apparently it was very clear to see and unlike anything he had seen before, totally immense in size, he said. He wasn't the only one who saw it, radio stations got tons of phone calls about it. Makes an interesting story.

As far as the ghost thing goes, yes, I believe they appear from time to time, but don't believe they are able to or want to do us harm. Guardian angels are not the same thing as ghosts.

7. StillMamamia

StillMamamia Approved members

I'm just imagining charter alien flights to Earth. Kinda like Williamsburg, VA, where you can see people dressed like and living like "the old days" (yes, I know it's just for show). Earth could be like that. A trip back in time. Aliens taking photos and looking Spanx up in their Earth language to Alien language dictionary.

8. Emma'sDad

Emma'sDad Approved members

9. MamaC

MamaC Approved members

Oh, I don't think they're anything like ghosts. I do believe in guardian angels, unshakably.

10. MissEmi

MissEmi Approved members

I believe in angels. Not to rock the boat, but Psalms 91 says "For he shall give his angels charge over thee, to keep thee in all thy ways." which I believe with all my heart. Not everyone will believe it, but for me, that's enough. People with other beliefs won't agree with me, but that's okay :).

11. Flutterby

Flutterby Approved members

That gave me goosebumps.

12. Sarah Maddie's Mom

Sarah Maddie's Mom Approved members

I'm sure you didn't mean this to be offensive, but I found it very much so.

Women of all ages, sizes and races are victims of assault, abuse and even kidnapping. If you think only the, "pretty young ones" are at risk of the violence against women that pervades our culture, you are mistaken.

13. Flutterby

Flutterby Approved members

not to take this thread off subject, but I hope they find her.. She's probably a wife and mother, not to mention a sister and a daughter.. a whole family is missing someone they love... :(