- advertisement -

Alien abduction?

Discussion in 'Parents Off Topic' started by hawkeyegirl, Mar 4, 2010.

1. selketine

selketine Approved members

I think it is one thing to think there could be life on other planets and a whole OTHER thing to think aliens are visiting earth and abducting people.

Ghosts are sort of the same way - I don't discount someone's experience that they've felt a "presence" or something odd or had some odd thing happen they cannot explain. I think there could be some forces or things that just seem like magic to us - like solar eclipse would seem to someone several thousand years ago. I guess if you think you are constantly interacting with ghosts - well - that's on another level.

Do you ever watch Ghost Hunters? Half of that stuff looks fake - maybe 99% of it - LOL! I still think it is fun to watch. Honestly - if even 1% of their stuff is real that would be seriously freaky. I just wish someone would pay me big bucks to walk around on tv saying "What's that? What's that?!" :p

2. lynn

lynn Approved members

Oh my gosh! Has he seen "Escanaba in da Moonlight"? Hilarious!!

3. joy orz

joy orz Approved members

I'm with Beth. The universe is a mighty big place. I'm pretty sure that we're not the only ones in it, but I haven't met anyone who knows for sure. :p

When I was a kid (maybe 7 or 8) I used to lay in my grandmother's field hoping to get abducted. ;) Sadly they didn't want any random 8 year olds. Ah well, maybe some day.

If this stuff amuses you and you are up doing basal tests, you should really tune into Coast to Coast radio. It's a call in show where people talk about their experiences with aliens, chupacabra, and the like. Even if you are a skeptic, the show is entertaining as all get out. And really what else do you have to do at 3 am when you are waiting for your correction to work? :D

You can also stream it on your computer, so if no one on CWD is up, you will be entertained by tales of the occult.

http://www.coasttocoastam.com/

4. Melancholywings

Melancholywings Approved members

I believe that there are 'weird' things in this world. I've had some pretty freaky things happen to me and have seen some pretty strange things that can not currently be explained by science. I'm content to accept that we haven't discovered all the mysteries yet in the universe.

5. BrokenPancreas

BrokenPancreas Banned

Why was my post deleted?
    I was just joking, geez.
    People were calling the "Wizard of Oz" and they didn't get deleted?:confused::confused:

6. Sarah Maddie's Mom

Sarah Maddie's Mom Approved members

Cute! :p

2short

7. MamaC

MamaC Approved members

Hmmm...I missed something.

Last time I was beamed up, the spacecraft was filled with abducted Energizer bunnies. I had an allergic reaction and they beamed me back down.

8. BrokenPancreas

BrokenPancreas Banned

I was trying to be funny, guess not, I said that I met a green alien named ........ and it was deleted.

Not for nothing, there are many people with the same last name!:D

9. etringali

etringali Approved members

ROFLMAO!!!!!!! Thanks! Made me choke I laughed so hard!

10. etringali

etringali Approved members

I can believe that perhaps sentient beings have visited this world. It'd be quite egocentric to think we're the only evolved creatures in the universe,and we're probably millions of years behind some in technology and evolution and millions of years ahead of others. who knows.

would they abduct humans? why not? we may just be lab rats in their estimation. Did they make the Nasca lines in Peru? Are the pyramids actually landing sites?

some of the History Channel shows are interesting when they explore ancient Aztec ruins and such and find carvings that depict-according to interpretations- what could be spacecraft, other worldly beings. supposedly there are stories, reports and the like of alien visitation going back as far as the written record began.

As for ghosts..... If matter is neither created or destroyed, and energy changes states, what does hapen when you die? where does your lifeforce, soul, what ever makes you YOU go to? some people believe it's heaven(or hell), some believe to nothingness. Some believe reincarnation. Perhaps we just pass to another phase of existance on a different quantum plane(yeah, I watch too much sci-fi)

don't reallly know, but I think I'm so fascinated by sci-fi and other fictional things because they can explore these lines of thought. People may not have liked Battlestar Galactica, but the ending the series had certainly left me thinking "wow!What if!"

so, YBMV is one of the things that makes life interesting.

11. joy orz

joy orz Approved members

I was watching the Nature channel or Animal planet or something. Anyway, it was about saving the endangered elephants. The scientists were doing in vitro to try and repopulate a herd.

So they flew over an elephant in a helicopter, shined a light on him. Shot him with a tranquilizer, scooped him up with a pully thing to bring him to the vet center, then did the in vitro thing which I will not go into detail. Eventually, they tranqed him again and flew him home.

Now, you know this elephant went back to his herd and said...

"You guys are NOT going to believe this..." :D

Just sayin....

12. Flutterby

Flutterby Approved members

I would hope no one would put you on ignore for your beliefs.. :cwds:

13. MissEmi

MissEmi Approved members

I don't believe in aliens, or ghosts. Except the Holy Ghost, but that's quite different. Which is probably a good thing, because I have a very over-active imagination, and always have had one, and the littlest things can give me nightmares...and I'm almost 18!!

14. TheFormerLantusFiend

TheFormerLantusFiend Approved members

I agree that it's egocentric to think that we're the only sentient creatures- I suspect cephalopods and possibly some of the other great apes as being sentient as well. I think there's strong evidence of microscopic life on other planets, but that's all.

President Carter reported a UFO.

15. bbirdnuts@aol.com

bbirdnuts@aol.com Approved members

I use to attend a church called, Calvary Chapel. There was a lady there that talked of her alien experiences as a child. She says she had many pleasant encounters. Wacky, truthful, or a lie, I don't know.

16. Lee

Lee Approved members

Crap Joy - you just made me waste good wine! Well, ok, cheap wine...but my monitor will never be the same!

17. Flutterby

Flutterby Approved members

Thats the funniest thing I've ever heard.. thanks for that!! :D

18. sooz

sooz Approved members

We had a friend who, before he passed away, was an astronomer working on the SETI project..Search for Extra Terrestrial Intelligence. SETI is an exploratory science that seeks evidence of life in the universe by looking for some signature of its technology. They use radio telescopes and scan the sky for radio waves etc. You can become a part of it by hooking your home computer into the system. It is quite fascinating and a very cool science thing for your kids. It is funded in part by NASA. They havent found anything yet! If those little green guys are snatching people up, they are getting past the scientists! And believe me these scientists are very smart! My friend was one of the best people I ever knew!!

Here is a link..very cool stuff..and legit! http://www.seti.org/Page.aspx?pid=1366

:D<---little green guy

19. MySweethearts

MySweethearts Approved members

My brother used to live in Mexico City. He is a normal person, a business man, a father and a husband. But, he was at work getting ready to go home and he saw a UFO:eek: it sat there for a moment and then took off. I have no idea what to think about this because I don't believe in aliens, but my brother wouldn't make this up. I believe there are ghosts though, I have had too many experiences not to believe different. But, I don't understand why there are ghosts and why they stick around :confused:

20. MamaC

MamaC Approved members

Allow me to take this one more step: do you believe in guardian angels?