- advertisement -

Agh!! Sets not sticking!

Discussion in 'Parents of Children with Type 1' started by kimmcannally, Nov 27, 2010.

1. kimmcannally

kimmcannally Approved members

Last night, DS lost a set so I put on a cleo and when I pulled the inserter off, the set came with it. Did it again with an inset and it stayed on fine. Until this morning.... when he got up and pulled it out. So I got another inset ready and added mastisol to the adhesive like I've been doing with his Dex sensors. Apparently I didn't let it get tacky enough and that set didn't stick! One more try... mastisol, let it get tacky, insert, let it sit there a few minutes, pull out inserter... and the site came with it!!!! :mad: :mad: :mad:

He's in the shower now - I told him it's probably because he has a lot of dead skin cells and they are messing things up (getting him to shower is a difficult thing).

I did use alcohol wipes to clean his skin each time before insertion, but BOY what a way to start the day. <sigh>

2. valerie k

valerie k Approved members

we had a problem with minimed quick set box, seemed like every other day, the set came out. Minimed sent us a new box. I was pleased with thier customer service. It was the first time I called with a problem/complaint and they were right on it.

3. Skyefire

Skyefire Approved members

Is he very sweaty?? My friend uses spray deodrant before putting the site on and it seems to be helping.

Clean area

Spray...let dry

then use your choice of adhesive

Then cross your fingers and hope for the best :)

4. joy orz

joy orz Approved members

Can you put IV300 or just a large bandaide over the set?

5. kimmcannally

kimmcannally Approved members

Believe it or not, the last set he pulled out (the one that stuck last night and got pulled out this morning) had IV300 on it! It pulled out right through the IV3000.

6. Mody_Jess_Pony

Mody_Jess_Pony Approved members

The trick with cleos is to take your thumb nail and push under the white stuff and loosen it as much as possible....I have a love hate relationship with cleos, I love them but the adhesive not sticking is an issue, also after you insert hold it down for three seconds and turn it a little and then pull up.

7. skimom

skimom Approved members

we have had some problems with Cleo = once had 7/10 not stick - returned them to our pharmacist who replaced PLUS I phoned the manufacturer adn they sent me a couple of boxes too for the hassle