- advertisement -

After effects of the seizure

Discussion in 'Parents of Children with Type 1' started by vettechmomof2, Jul 30, 2009.

1. vettechmomof2

vettechmomof2 Approved members

Well, last night Lil could not sleep so we stayed up late and palyed cards. I told her about her having a siezure and asked if she rememberd anything yet (she does not yet).

I was waiting to see any sort of reaction and she had a BIG reaction.... she stated that she can't WAIT to tell her best friend that she had a seizure.:rolleyes:

The things that can roll so easily off their shoulders but truthfully I am just very glad that she is not bothered or scraed by this at all.

Allene

2. lynn

lynn Approved members

THAT'S funny! Oh, to be a little girl again, and have such exciting and great news to share with a best friend! I'll bet YOUR best friend didn't get such a happy spin on the news, did she?:cwds:

I'm glad it scare her.

3. betty6333

betty6333 Approved members

It always amazes me at how our kids are able to let these things go. They may haunt us for a long time and with them, they can just accept it and move on!

BTW are your sensors on the way?

4. vettechmomof2

vettechmomof2 Approved members

Got the call at 7pm last night that they were overnighted and they were at my front door this am when I got up.
    But we already have one in from Holly(lifesaver that she is).
    Yeah!
    Kids are so resilient.

5. Caydens_Mommy

Caydens_Mommy Approved members

The day Cayden had his seizure just happened to fall on his birthday and Easter.. I was so freaked out all day long (and for many days after) but he just ran around the whole day like nothing had happened and was just so normal.. Which was really a relief to an extent..

So glad, that your daughter is okay with things, and that she is just worried about tellin her best friend.. :D

6. sisterbeth43

sisterbeth43 Approved members

I'm glad it did not bother her and that all she is concerned about is telling her best friend. Oh, for the resilency of youth!

7. linda

linda Approved members

Em does not remember the seizure or anything before...but what is kind of funny but sad too i guess...when em had her full blown seizure and was unconscious after until dh and I gave the glucagon, we had pulled down her pjs to expose her thigh where we gave the shot, as she came out of it, I said to her in a big voice that the EMT's were coming into her room, she reached down and pulled up her pjs....:rolleyes: