- advertisement -

Adoption (type 1)

Discussion in 'Parents of Children with Type 1' started by Tweety8, Jul 22, 2009.

1. CheriMomTo8

CheriMomTo8 Approved members

When I was at the ped. endo office a few weeks ago, there was a little boy, about 4, who was there with his case worker :( It hit me in that moment that there were kids out there that no one probably wanted just because of D. To take on diabetes on top of other issues is not something most people seek out. Good luck! One of ours is adopted, too.

2. 4MyBoys

4MyBoys Approved members

We start our 11 weeks of adoption classes tomorrow night! Please wish us luck! -Allison

3. ethical_erin

ethical_erin Approved members

I, too, have a heart for girls in need with Type 1 diabetes. I am in the process of opening a home for girls with T1D in Arkansas. I would be more than happy to keep anyone's contact info on file to share as I can. We are not going to be an adoption agency but will support adoption of all teens to whom it is possible. www.diabeteshomeforgirls.com. Social workers in children's hospitals are also excellent folks to contact. We have already had 1 contact us for a placement for a teen. Unfortunately, we are not open yet.