- advertisement -

Adoption anniversary

Discussion in 'Parents Off Topic' started by MamaLibby, Apr 20, 2012.

1. MamaLibby

MamaLibby Approved members

Today is Lydia's gotcha day! (Okay, so the actual legal adoption wasn't for another 16 months, but today is the foster day. This is the letter I wrote for her baby book...It also had pictures, which I won't be posting to protect the privacy of my family)

Lydia Paige,

4 years ago you came into our lives and hearts for the very first time--A shy, anxious, curly headed 17 month old. You were our first foster/adopt child, and we were so excited to have you with us. Caleb wasn't the baby any more and Ella had a baby sister! How much better could it get?

Today, you're a sassy, energetic, happy 5 and a half year old and I often find myself wondering when you found your voice! I'm so happy you did though, because you add so much spice and humor to our crazy life. Sometimes I worry about you getting lost being in the middle of a big family, but your spunky personality makes sure that's never going to happen! Your favorite things right now are listening to me read, watching movies, being a little fashionista, drawing and learning to read. It looks like even though you don't share our genes the creative spark in this family has rubbed off on you. Will you be into music like Mommy? Or into art like Daddy? Or maybe you'll be a writer, and Ella will illustrate all your great stories. Who knows!

We've been through a lot together in the last 4 years. You have 3 more siblings, including your older-by-only-11-months brother Nick, your best frenemy. Ella's been sick...Nick's been sick. We got Adam just 6 weeks ago, and your favorite baby sister Linnea will be 2 this summer. You just love being a big sister!

Tonight, we celebrated your gotcha day with gluten-free brownies and a special moment of cuddling and looking through your scrapbook at bedtime. You thought the evolution of my ability to do cornrows/pigtails/braids was pretty funny!

I'm so glad you're part of our lives, Lyd. This house might be a little quieter, but it'd sure be boring without you!

Love,
    Mommy

(Sorry if this bored you all to death! :rolleyes: )

2. ChristineJ

ChristineJ Approved members

I think it's cute, and sweet. I'm glad you shared it!:)

Christine

3. sooz

sooz Approved members

So sweet! It will mean so much to her later!