- advertisement -

ACV (Apple Cider Vinegar), and other things...

Discussion in 'Adults with Type 2' started by My_Dana, Jul 12, 2008.

1. My_Dana

My_Dana Approved members

Hello all,

I usually post in the Parents of Children with T1 forum, but I thought I would
    share a few things here that can help T2s.

My neighbor was just diagnosed with T2. His morning BG level was around 200+.
    He knows our daughter Dana is T1 and after he told me of his diagnosis I mentioned
    I could make a few suggestions.

He was prescribed Metformin. It wasn't helping that much. Still having 170+ morning
    numbers. Also had terrible side effects. He is now on Avandia.

I mentioned I drink ACV with good results (I'm not diabetic but can feel the difference) and suggested he try.
    So I gave him some of my BRAGGs ACV. It's the unfiltered, unpasteurized, organic version.
    Some of you may know that ACV is very effective in stabilizing BG levels.

I recommended 8oz water with 2 Tbsp of the ACV twice a day.
    His morning numbers came down to 140s.
    He is now taking chromium with the ACV. Has also cleaned up the diet.
    I recently suggested Thiamine (vit B-1) from the latest research to help minimize complications. (see Thiamine threads in other forum).

I told him it can take months to zero in on an effective natural regimen but
    worth it in the long run. We want to get him off the meds.
    He is now seeing very good numbers. Basically normal at 80-140.
    He wants to wean off the Avandia completely. His doc is on board with the program as well.

Just wanted to share this in hopes it may benefit someone else.

2. Sw33tBabi3z

Sw33tBabi3z Approved members

Hi!!

My neighbor is T2 as well and he was the one that told me about ACV. I just recently started my Daughter and I on it (Son wants no part of it, working on it, though) so it's too soon to tell any difference. I should be giving it to her more often, anyway.

I looked it up online and found this;

http://www.apple-cider-vinegar-benefits.com/

Which I'm sure you're probably already familiar with. I like how it's also good for weight loss (for me) as well!!

:p