- advertisement -

ACT/Weekend

Discussion in 'Teens OT' started by s0ccerfreak, Oct 27, 2008.

1. s0ccerfreak

s0ccerfreak Approved members

I re-took the ACT Saturday and feel way better about this one. I almost ended up not taking it because of asthma problems friday afternoon/night. I really should have gone to the ER, but I didnt want to miss the ACT or not get a good night of sleep so I didnt tell my mom how horribly I was feeling/breathing. My peak flow rates were in the low 200's. I used my inhaler multiple times, did my breathing exercises for pvcd (which actually helped the asthma?!), took a warm shower, and went to bed. I got up in the am and felt pretty good so I headed out to take my test. I gave the procter the letter from my endo clinic and told him I have t1d and wear a pump which may alarm. He actually opened the letter and read it. My pump was buzzing a lot because I was over 200 (i'm thinking stressed out from friday night), but it was all cool with him. I loved the math section, but hated the science. Everything else was okay. I'm guessing my score will go up :)

My breathing is way better, but I'm expecting that I'll end up with pneumonia cuz thats how it usually goes when I ignore and asthma attack at this time of year. I know I really shouldn't have ignored the lack of breathing, but I was being stupid and irrational. If I was at home, my mom wouldve noticed and taken me in against my will, but I wasn't so she had/has know clue.

2. kierbabi09

kierbabi09 Approved members

I'm glad that you are ok. Were the ACT's hard? I didn't take them, I just took the SAT's.

3. malyssa

malyssa Approved members

Awe. I hope you did well on the ACT Rae. I took them the last time when you did too...I didn't do well on them :eek:. I took the SAT a few weeks ago, for the first time, and I got a 1420...not the best, but it was pretty good considering that I didn't have any prep for it, I was sick, and my BG was 400+ the entire test. :rolleyes: So, I hope you beat your score from the last time, and I also hope that you are feeling MUCH better. :)

4. s0ccerfreak

Math was a breeze. Reading and English were fine. Science was ridiculously hard (everyone from my school would say so) Other than Science it didn't seem bad, but we'll see what the scores say. Most colleges in the midwest require ACT not SAT so that is what I took.

Thanks for the well wishes on ACT and asthma.
    Just curious, what score did you get? pm me if you don't feel like posting. Breathing sucks-It felt like I was pushing against a brick wall when I breathed.That is the only analogy I can come up with.

5. malyssa

malyssa Approved members

I got a 22 out of 36 on the ACT. It was the first (and last :rolleyes::eek:) time I took it. I didn't do any prep for the ACT either. I wasn't happy at all with my score. It was the math that killed me, because on the reading/English part, I scored in the 98th percentile, which is pretty amazing...now, you can only imagine how bad I did on the math. :eek: I didn't do too bad on the science part though...it was definately the math that kicked my butt!
    I hope you are feeling and breathing better Rae...asthma, like diabetes does NOT sound like fun. :(

6. s0ccerfreak

I got a 22 the first time too, but am expecting a jump upward. I had know clue what to expect the first time. This time I knew what type of questions there would be and how I need to manage my time.