- advertisement -

Accu chek mobile

Discussion in 'Parents of Children with Type 1' started by C6H12O6, Mar 18, 2011.

1. C6H12O6

C6H12O6 Approved members

2. HBMom

HBMom Approved members

My son is always looking for something that he can easily fit into his pocket - wonder if that might work???

3. dejahthoris

dejahthoris Approved members

4. HBMom

HBMom Approved members

That looks good too! And free - can't do better than that. Guess I need to visit walgreens soon.

5. dejahthoris

dejahthoris Approved members

They threw the coupon in with his last batch of prescriptions. But you had to buy 50 strips for it to be free. There is a rebate available that also makes it free. It's 9.99.

6. hawkeyegirl

hawkeyegirl Approved members

Is that available in the U.S.? Looks neat!

7. mocha

mocha Approved members

The Accu-Check Multi-click lancing device is amazing. The Accu-Check meters are also pretty awesome. After my Freestyle, I think I like the Accu-Check meters best. :cwds:

8. C6H12O6

C6H12O6 Approved members

9. kimmcannally

kimmcannally Approved members

I was looking at that just the other day. Apparently, it has a cassette of "tape" like a typewriter ribbon that you touch the blood to. After the test, it advances to the next section of "tape". Looks really cool! And no more test strips all over the place!

10. deafmack

deafmack Approved members

Unfortunately it isn't available in the USA. It seems to take the FDA forever to approve new meters. Even the Aviva Nano isn't available here and that came out 2 years ago.

11. GaPeach

GaPeach Approved members

That is so cool. I would love for DD to have one of those!

12. txmom

txmom Approved members

I just received the pump information I had requested from Roche (Accu-check) and included was information about this mobile BG meter. I assumed from the literature that it was available in the U.S. - I'll find out when we go to pump class.

13. ShelbysMom

ShelbysMom Approved members

Would love for that to be available in the US so I could quit finding used strips in the bottom of my purse, on the car floorboards, in the couch cushions, under the beds, in the garage, in the dryer, all over DD's nightstand and even randomly stuck to my arm.

14. lisab

lisab Approved members

We have the Mobile meter.....Yasmine loves it!!! Not having to worry about strips and having the 'poker' attached....makes the whole process of testing sooooo much easier and faster!

Although it is larger and bulkier than most meters....and has a few issues that annoy me. You have to ensure the finger does not touch the strip, only the drop of blood or will give a false high reading. Have also had issues occasionally, with cartridges that 1/2 way through the cartridge, will issue a faulty cartridge warning....and you can lose the rest of the tests (this sometimes can be rectified by removing and replacing it back in the meter but not always). Accu-chek are aware of this issue and are quite good with replacing faulty cartridges for free of charge.

Other than the above issues.....we love it!:)

15. stevecu

stevecu Approved members

Has anyone been able to get an inside line on when this meter might be available in the US?

I'm assuming the FDA is "protecting" us from it. I looks like it was released in Europe about a year and a half ago.

DS has been "test driving" a OneTouch, and we pretty well hate it. The mini has no real redeeming qualities and while some may appreciate the fine point on the Delica lancing device, we just wish the case had room for a Multi-Clix. The Ultra 2 is okay and has room for the Multi-Clix, but DS says it's too big to fit in his pocket. Arrgh!!

He's back to using his Freestyle Flash for now, but we'll eventually run out of strips for that and UHC is only covering OneTouch and Accu-Chek this year.

He likes the Compact Plus, but it's married to the Soft-Clix and requires a bucket of blood. This "new" Mobile carries 50 tests (vs. only 17 in the Compact-Plus), has a built-in Multi-Clix, and best of all, it only needs something like .3 or .4 μL of blood.

Maybe we should move to Australia or the UK :)

16. mocha

mocha Approved members

One Touch makes horrible cases. I hate them. They are overly bulky and don't use the space that they do have efficiently.

My mom has taken to modifying an old meter case (I think it was a WaveSense Jazz case we got from FFL a few years ago) to fit the one touch meter, the lancing device, and test strip container for my younger brother. I, however, still think of One Touch meters as blood suckers, no matter how much my mom improves on the case. ;)

17. stevecu

stevecu Approved members

Believe me, I've thought about changing just about every meter case I've seen. But my medium is wood, so I'd be unlikely to make anything more compact. :)

We actually have one case (for the Flash) that is well designed. We've been using it so long it's about to disintegrate. I've asked Abbott twice for a replacement, but they don't seem to make them like this one any more.

Maybe this is an opportunity ... :)

18. mocha

mocha Approved members

Velcro is your friend ;)

19. clb1968

clb1968 Approved members

I most likely have a case or two from flashes and also one or two from the wave sense presto meter, I carry mine in different cases, so these are just setting in a box. If you would like them, I can send them to you, just send me a message with your address.

20. badshoe

badshoe Approved members