- advertisement -

Accu Chek FastClix?

Discussion in 'Parents of Children with Type 1' started by dshull, Jan 24, 2013.

1. dshull

dshull Approved members

A few months ago we got some free meters that has the AccuCheck FastClix lancet device in them. Our 8 year old thinks they are great, and we do, too, because there is no danger of sticking yourself when changing the lancets. We had just gotten a 90 day supply of another type of lancets, so we thought we would use them up before getting a new script for the FastClix. Well now I can't find them anywhere. I have called multiple pharmacies and they all don't have them and say that they can't even order them.

I called the Roche people and they sent me a box of 100 and said there was a problem with production. Then I called another time and they sent me a box of 200. That there was some sort of problem with production but it had been fixed and pharmacies could not order them. Not so, according to the pharmacy.

Anyone else had this problem? So frustrating because now I feel like we are rationing lancets!

2. Jaredsmom

Jaredsmom Approved members

Our mail order supplier was having a hard time getting them as well. Luckily we were pretty stocked up on thematic the time because Jared rarely changes his lancet anyway. I usually yell at him to change it when I catch him poking multiple times to get blood out. Teenagers:rolleyes:

3. Lee

Lee Approved members

What's this changing of the lancets that you are talking about :confused:?

4. LoveMyHounds

LoveMyHounds Approved members

Funny that you just wrote this - I went to Walmart today (I get those lancets there) and they didn't have any, not even one box...:confused:

Last edited: Jan 24, 2013
  5. Jaredsmom

Jaredsmom Approved members

That's ok I went into Walmart to get ketosticks the urine kind because we are running low on the blood ones and they said they are out and can't get them from their supplier right now.

6. valerie k

valerie k Approved members

Did I miss it, dont we do that at smoke detector battery change and clock changing... am I an hour off???:D

7. lizzie

lizzie Approved members

If anyone needs a few boxes, PM me and I'll send some.

8. funnygrl

funnygrl Approved members

I've heard that the Fastclix automatically advances the lancet. I only have experience with the Multiclix, which doesn't. Is that true? Can you still get Multiclix lancets? They're very good for the same reasons you like the Fastclix.

9. Lee

Lee Approved members

We are big Multiclix fans here - I think we actually changed a drum for the first time in about 6 months...but that is not a good diabetic thing. :rolleyes:

10. maciasfamily

maciasfamily Approved members

We too just got the rx for them as well. From what I've been told, they didn't expect such a huge response to them and are behind in producing them.

Someone told me their pharmacy said they'd be available today. Our CVS was going to try placing the order again today and see if it gives a date. No one in our near vicinity has them either.

11. Dan

Dan Approved members

We use the Fastclix and love them. They do not automatically advance to the next lancet, the user needs to slide a lever on the side for it to advance to next lancet.

12. funnygrl

funnygrl Approved members

Thanks! Good to know.