advertisement

Accommodations at College

Discussion in 'Diabetes and College' started by Amy C., Sep 8, 2012.

1. Amy C.

Amy C. Approved members

Would someone who knows about getting accommodations in college please look at this file:

http://www.utexas.edu/diversity/ddce/ssd/downloads/MedVerForm.pdf

On question #3: . Functional Limitations: Should be determined WITHOUT consideration of mitigating measures (i.e. medication, etc.). If condition is episodic in nature, level of functioning should be assessed based on active phase of symptoms.

Shouldn't the answer have been if my son were not on insulin that these things would be affected?

His new endo answered No Impact and I was wondering if we needed to take this back to him.

2. misscaitp

misscaitp Approved members

Yes, in the wording I would take it as no insulin. But then it would only be looking at the high blood sugar and not the low. I would take it back and have the dr write a more specific explanation. With the DR saying no impact isn't it going to be hard for them to qualify him for disabilities services?

Maybe he should base his response on the part of the question that says "episodic nature" as that it going to cover the functioning when his blood sugars are out of range.