- advertisement -

Abbrevations

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by vallecito93, Nov 5, 2007.

1. vallecito93

vallecito93 Approved members

Hi everyone. I am a little new to boards and am having trouble knowing what all the abbreviations are. Silly I know, but I was wondering if there was a rhythm or reason to figuring out what the abbreviations are. I know some, but not all. Is there a web dictionary for abbreviations? Thanks Audrey

2. Cool_Cuz

Cool_Cuz Approved members

Usually the only way to figure out abbreviations you don't recognize is to read the rest of the post and see what might fit. Kind of like figuring out words you don't understand. XD

3. Isabelle's Mom

Isabelle's Mom Approved members

Most of the abbreviations are quite common and you can find out what they are quickly by Googling them. DH, DD, DS (dear husband, dear daughter, dear son), for example.
    Or, if you still have questions, just ask! You'll probably get a reply within minutes around here!
    If I haven't said it already, welcome to the forum.:)

4. Abby-Dabby-Doo

Abby-Dabby-Doo Approved members

It's a common question asked on here. I want to say someone had a thread on it not too long ago. I'll post a few I can think of and then I'll go look for the old post. If I can find it, I'll come back.

YDMV- Your Diabetes May Vary
    MDI- Multiple Daily Injections
    dxd- Diagnosed
    LMAO- Laugh my A$$ off

5. Abby-Dabby-Doo

6. Abby-Dabby-Doo

7. vallecito93

vallecito93 Approved members

Thanks everyone! I have a few printed and by the computer. What does MM CGMS mean? Thanks again

8. Abby-Dabby-Doo

MM- is a pump or the brand name of the pump is Minimed
    CGMS- Continues Glucose Monitoring System. It is something that is worn under the skin that continually gives your blood sugars (24/7) 5 minutes behind real time. That can be worn with the MM pump or there is one other brand out there that is not associated with a pump company, if I'm not mistaken. One other pump company is supposed to be coming out with one.