- advertisement -

A1C of 3.4!

Discussion in 'Parents of Children with Type 1' started by mommylovestosing, Jun 14, 2010.

1. mommylovestosing

mommylovestosing Approved members

ha Ha Ha HA !! :eek::eek::eek::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

You should've heard the endo reeling out the manager of LabCorp this AM. He asked him if he was even concerned that a result like this went un-retested (if that's a word...he said it much more eloquently!). The guy at LabCorp said there is a high re-test number where it triggers to run it again if it's over a certain amount (which he sighted as 10.6 - ironically Ella's beginning A1C) but not a low one. REALLY?!?! So, no A1C yet. We will do another in 3 months - the doc will have a fingerstick finally, so no blood drawn. Ella's numbers look fantastic, though, and he thought another blood test right now would be silly.

All other bloodwork came back fine, thank goodness!

I'm just going to take credit, though, for a WONDERFUL A1C!!!

LOL

2. Hollyb

Hollyb Approved members

Crazy! I guess she's just hit her lifetime achievement score. lol

3. virgo39

virgo39 Approved members

My A1C chart doesn't even go to 3.4 (of course, it does equate a 4.0 A1C with an average blood glucose of 65:eek:).

And for some reason, I keep thinking of Nigel Tufnel saying: "these go to eleven."

4. VinceysMom

VinceysMom Approved members

Congrats on great numbers... may they continue... We go tomorrow, last appointment was April, I know A1c will be higher this time around last time 7.0, have a feeling WE are at 7.5 ... higher numbers due to weight training and then a couple 300's ... ugh sigh ugh.

All we can do, is do our best with the tools that are given to us. I have to keep this in mind. :cwds: (I think I hear (see) these words from Becky a lot..so thanks, Becky.) IT is so true!

5. swellman

swellman Approved members

Nice :D

stupid 10 character limit.

6. SarahKelly

SarahKelly Approved members

that is just funny, glad you were able to laugh about it and not be frustrated.

7. mommylovestosing

mommylovestosing Approved members

It was a little frustrating. We didn't get her 1st one after diagnoses because she had just started on the pump and the doc didn't think it was the best timing. So, this would have been her first. Oh well... I know she's doing okay, and that's all that matters!

Just thought I'd share the laugh. Not enough of those, lately...

:D

8. Mom264

Mom264 Approved members

I happen to be sitting right under the cabinet where I have an HBA1C conversion chart. As I saw 3.4 my eyes drifted up and locked on the corresponding BG of 43.7!!! Can't believe they didn't recheck.

And if you go here it says the same thing.

http://www.diabetesforums.com/forum/converters/a1cbg.php?value=3.4&unit=2&submit=1

Funny it also says that is represents great control :eek:.

FYI, My chart goes to 17.1, which equals BG of 531.5

9. valerie k

valerie k Approved members

go to target and for 30.00 you can get the A1C meter. it has two tests in it. works really well.