- advertisement -

A1c Now in Europe

Discussion in 'Parents of Children with Type 1' started by RomeoEcho, Dec 18, 2013.

1. RomeoEcho

RomeoEcho Approved members

Does anyone know if the Bayer A1c Now, or similar product is available in Europe? Specifically Sicily, but Europe in general would be helpful.

2. Joseph

Joseph Approved members

3. RomeoEcho

Now I must be confused. The link you provided is to the product webpage on Bayer's site. I don't see anything on there indicating that the product is discontinued.

4. Joretta

Joretta Approved members

As the link loaded there is a message saying it has been discontinued. But then goes the information page. So if your computer loads quick you would not see it. Just went back the issue is the header slides through five ads for it. Slide 1 says it is discontinued.

5. RomeoEcho

FYI, the pharmacy here thinks I'm crazy, though I'm not sure they know what I'm asking for. I'll take a look when I get to the states, maybe I can get some there.

6. Joseph

Joseph Approved members

FYI, Pharmacies in EU countries usually don't have diabetes strips. You can only get insuline and glucagon kits there. The rest, reservoirs for the pump, glucometer and strips are always supplied at hospitals by the endo nurses or educators. So yes, you are right at the pharmacy they won't have s clue what you are talking about. If I were you, I would call Bayer customers' service.

7. T-bird

T-bird Approved members

I live in Italy (not Sicily though I'd love to go) and I've never seen or used an at home a1c checker. Also, where I live, they call it a "glicata" not an A1c. (I'm not sure if you're Italian or an expat or on vacation so I figured I'd throw that tip in there ;))

I don't get my reservoirs or strips from the hospital. I have a prescription and I get my strips from the pharmacy and my reservoirs from the local healthcare office. But I have to get my insulin and glucagon from my hospital's pharmacy. My town might just be weird though! :)