- advertisement -

A1C down from last Dr appt!

Discussion in 'Parents of Children with Type 1' started by MyPumpkin, Sep 20, 2013.

1. MyPumpkin

MyPumpkin Approved members

I'm really excited about our doctors appointment we had today. Last appointment we were really struggling with highs and had an A1C of 8.4. (Honestly I was surprised it wasn't higher!) We have been trying really hard to get his numbers better and have tighter control. We have gotten really a lot more aggressive with his corrections. We still have had some highs but for the most part things have been looking alot better. Well our A1C this time is 7.3! I know its not perfect but for a 12 year old boy in puberty (who also seems to be eating all the time) this is great for us! :D

Just excited that for the moment we have things under control. (Just give it a minute and I am sure it will change again! Ha Ha!) ;)

2. wearingtaci

wearingtaci Approved members

Congrats,that is a huge improvement,you must be very proud:)

3. obtainedmist

obtainedmist Approved members

Such good news! Everyone deserves a good pat on the back! ;)

4. kim5798

kim5798 Approved members

Enjoy this moment!

5. Amy C.

Amy C. Approved members

About the time my son turned 12, I grew much less fearful in correcting highs and making adjustments quicker. I would say I was down right assertive.

6. swellman

swellman Approved members

This is great news. Grats. Don't get discouraged if it inches up as this is a long term battle. You're doing great.

7. MyPumpkin

MyPumpkin Approved members

Yeah, I have gotten a lot more aggressive and a lot less fearful of correcting highs. I was always so afraid of the lows that I was afraid of over correcting. But I have come to understand that with puberty I need to worry more about the highs!

I know that next time or the next after that it may go up a bit. I just was so excited to see the fruit of our efforts. I tried to tell my friend and my mom; they were happy because I was happy but I didn't get the woohoo that I was looking for! So... I came here to share!;)
    :D

8. mom24grlz

mom24grlz Approved members

wish we could "like" this post :)

9. ksartain

ksartain Approved members

That's awesome! We were at 8.5 (down from 11.4 the previous visit) and I was surprised as well.

10. nanhsot

nanhsot Approved members

That is something to celebrate! Great job.