- advertisement -

A weird story!!

Discussion in 'Teens' started by flabby_abi, Sep 11, 2008.

1. flabby_abi

flabby_abi Approved members

thanks for explaining MODY (even tho i do not fully understand it yet!)! haha.

well update on my friend. she went to the doctor and got all those tests done. she will get the results back monday and i am really anxious to hear!! her last fasting BG was 153. her last after meal BG (2 hours later) was only 111 (after a fairly carby meal!)! so she IS high. But not high enough for them to diognose. Honestly, i just dont understand completely. her doctor said that he was positive that she WOULD develop diabetes. when she asked if it would be T1 or T2 he said there was no way for him to know right now. is that really true????? they dont know what type!!?!?!?! that just doesnt make since to me!!! :confused:

i am pretty confused as to why they would not know if it was T1 or T2. i am also confused because her doctor told her to "eat healthy" and "be careful" and try to "hold it off for as long as possible". this is just her family doctor. should she go see someone who is more educated on D? or does everything he said make since and i just dont understand? :confused: :confused: :confused:

can someone help me understand? lol

2. Daxdog

Daxdog Approved members

My mom wants to know, how exactly, if possible to explain, do you train your dog to sense lows? We got a new puppy a week ago and she was wondering if i could do that.

3. Mody_Jess_Pony

Mody_Jess_Pony Approved members

It's called "Pre-Diabetes" usually controled with diet and excersize.
    There is literally no way to tell what type you are going to turn out to be all you can do is watch and wait.

4. MissEmi

MissEmi Approved members

Maybe she DOES need MODY testing...

5. Specialk

Specialk Approved members

she might have diabetes anyway. There was a father of my friends who had been having diabetic symptoms so we tested him and he was 385!!:(