- advertisement -

A Quick Question...

Discussion in 'Friends for Life 2010' started by bkfkmc, May 8, 2010.

1. bkfkmc

bkfkmc Approved members

We have never been to a FFL conference, so I am just trying to get a picture of what it will be like. I saw on the main conference page that all participants under age 18 must be with an adult at all times and should not be dropped off. If I understand correctly, then my husband and I will need to choose between attending parent sessions or going to the childrens' sessions with them. Is this correct? I will have two in child care, but we will also have an elementary age and tween.

Also, I have another question. What is the dress for the conference, particularly the banquet and tween social?

So many questions...thanks for your help!

2. MrsBadshoe

MrsBadshoe Super Moderator

Actually what it meant is that kids under 18 can't attend the conference alone. If you are a parent and have signed up for child care for your younger kids and your older one is in the kids groups than you are fine to attend the conference sessions without worry. If there is any kind of problem, they will track you down.

Dress is very casual. Because of the heat outside and the a/c inside most people where shorts and shirts with a sweater or sweat shirt. Some do wear nice slacks. what ever you are most comfortable in. The tween dance tends to be a bit dressy. My daughter has been in the tween group for the last 3 yrs and has absolutely loved the dance. The parents are pacing the door for midnight to hit so they can drag their tweens home to bed. Parents are exhausted and the tweens are having the time of their lives.

The Banquet has a variety of dress. Some dress up for a casual dinner and I have seen others still in shorts. Once again no strict dress code.

FFL is awesome why for the kids to connect and the parents too connect.

3. bkfkmc

bkfkmc Approved members

Thanks for your clarification! I suppose it should have been quite clear. All my kids are under 10, so the thought of dropping them off at the conference and leaving did not even occur to me. I appreciate your help!