- advertisement -

A pump brain in an ipod - check out this app

Discussion in 'Parents of Children with Type 1' started by Ivan's Mum, May 26, 2012.

1. Ivan's Mum

Ivan's Mum Approved members

http://www.gilport.com/rapidcalc/index.html

this is awesome. For those not wanting to pump, check this out. Ivan has just decided he wants a break from pumping and this App (available from itunes) has all the brains of a pump and then some. If you have an iphone (we're using an ipod) you can email your stats to your home email. It predicts HBa1c and allows you to factor for exercise in boluses.

It's working really well for us so please share this with anyone that might find it useful. So nice that someone develops a programe for these kind of things. We have to pay $10k for a pump in new zealand and we can get this for $10.99 new zealand dollars - a more affordable way to improve control.

2. sooz

sooz Approved members

It looks fabulous. Does it also speak American in terms of how we measure BG etc?

3. Ivan's Mum

yup you can pick your reading. I even wrote to the guy who made the app and told him i'd like more I:C entries and he said that it was already under development. The records it emails are really detailed. He explained how to email from an ipod so we're up and running.

Well worth a look at. We're loving it.

4. Debdebdebby13

Debdebdebby13 Approved members

I bought it yesterday when I first saw this post and so far so good. It has really helped us with the insulin on board and kept DD from lows and also just has helped us refine and really grasp how much insulin she actually needs. We've been having lots of trouble lately managing highs and lows so we were needing something to help us figure out what is going on.

5. Ivan's Mum

they guy that runs the company seems really nice and open to any suggestions and feedback. I think this App is awesome so please spread the word. It's a part time business for the guy and you've gotta love someone who makes this kind of effort in his spare time.

Glad you like it.:D

6. MamaLibby

MamaLibby Approved members

Awesome! We're not on MDI, but I will definitively use this if we go on a pump break.

7. lgouldin

lgouldin Approved members