- advertisement -

A lot of ??? on G4

Discussion in 'Parents of Children with Type 1' started by mikegl31, May 14, 2016.

1. mikegl31

mikegl31 Approved members

For the past month, we have been getting ??? at a much higher rate than in the previous 18 months of wearing Dex. Within the last 24 hours alone, we have had ??? for probably 12 of those hours at different times. ??? for an hour, data for an hour, ??? for an hour, etc... We called Dex and they really had nothing to offer other than to send another sensor. This sensor has been on for 3 days. Last sensor for 5. Eventually we get frustrated and just put a new one on. Anybody have any experience?

2. quiltinmom

quiltinmom Approved members

How old is your transmitter?

3. Just Jen

Just Jen Approved members

Sounds like what ours started doing near the end of the transmitter life. We never did get the final warning as I was sick and tired of no data overnight. Replacing sensors won't solve a dying transmitter.

4. mikegl31

July, 2015...so about 10 months.

I have the G5 sitting in a box. I'm considering giving that a shot.

5. mikegl31

On another note....their wait times for support are ridiculous.

6. Just Jen

Just Jen Approved members

The G4 transmitter is warrantied for 6 months. Some last that long and some last less; our first one lasted thirteen months. The problem is, they are warrantied from the day they leave the warehouse. The one we used to replace the one that lasted thirteen months had been sitting on our shelf for eight months before we started using it. It only lasted two months, but was considered out of warranty. So it does no good to "have one on hand". However, given your current situation, you could either switch to the G5 you have or get a new G4 transmitter and just start using it.

7. nikki8778

nikki8778 Approved members

Yes! I see this on occasion. No idea why. I usually just stop the sensor on the remote, then restart. Go through the whole restart process where you have to wait and put it two readings and it usually works. Those sensors are too expensive to waste!!

8. Mish

Mish Approved members

For us, the ??? always show up before we need a new receiver. Not a new transmitter. The receivers also have a limited life span.

9. Beach bum

Beach bum Approved members

Yep, this ^^

Honestly, if you get your receiver through a 3rd party supplier, I would just call them and get the ball rolling. Otherwise, call Dex after hours, quicker response time than during the day!

10. dpr

dpr Approved members

We had that for the last couple months before our transmitter died. Give your new one a try.

11. MomofSweetOne

MomofSweetOne Approved members

We got them as the transmitter was aging.