- advertisement -

A Long Interview With Dexcom CEO

Discussion in 'Parents of Children with Type 1' started by sszyszkiewicz, Mar 15, 2016.

1. sszyszkiewicz

sszyszkiewicz Approved members

2. funnygrl

funnygrl Approved members

Very interesting read, indeed. It's so cool to read about their plans for the future. They're moving at a lightening pace. I am excited to see what G6 brings, and what this new inserter is like later this year. I'm curious if we'll ever really see them get to that "bandaid" size that they're talking about. Dexcom has been amazing at setting themselves up with excellent strategic partners.

It's good to hear about them trying to get into the hospitalized patient space, too. That will be an excellent improvement over titrating insulin drips based on hourly fingersticks.

Very interesting to read that no device has ever actually gotten an insulin dosing approval (in the US). I've never thought about it before, but that makes sense. Meters have been around since before rapid acting doses were commonly calculated at each meal, and they were replacing urine testing and blood color change strips, which didn't set a high standard for accuracy, so Dexcom is the first to actually try to get this approval. Very interesting!