- advertisement -

A little Seth brag...

Discussion in 'Parents of Children with Type 1' started by Heather(CA), Sep 17, 2013.

1. Heather(CA)

Heather(CA) Approved members

Seth is 18 now, he has had D for over a decade. He is a Senior in HS that carried a 4.17 all of last year while playing sports year round.

This year I have done very little with his D. He is making adjustments on his own and doing really well. I rarely test him at night, he is taking care of it himself....

I need to see how he will do when he leaves me for college. He wants to be a Geneticist so he will probably be going away...

I am a very proud Mama :cwds:

Now, if I can figure out how to stop staying up all hours of the night, that would be great :eek:

An update on my other two sons...Jake is 6'3 after having growth hormone deficiency, his adrenal insufficiency went away. Kind of a miracle. He is just finishing his first year in a 2 1/2 year program to get a bachelors degree in computer science.

Chris, is doing well and leaving for boot camp on Oct. 6th. The same day Jake left for college last year. Weird. We will have one left :0

2. mmgirls

mmgirls Approved members

It is so great to hear.

That our kiddos are not limited by diabetes and can learn to do what we can not image doing by ourselves.

3. LJM

LJM Approved members

So great to hear things are going well for Seth and your other boys. DS is taking genetics this semester and has a strong interest as well. Keep us posted if he ends up studying in that field (and where).

4. SarahKelly

SarahKelly Approved members

love these updates, even though I know our kiddos can do anything the current reflections are very uplifting. Bravo Mama :)

5. ksartain

ksartain Approved members

That is awesome! These kinds of stories give me a glimpse of what is to come. Thank you. :)

6. kiwiliz

kiwiliz Approved members

I am glad to hear everything is going so well for you and your gorgeous family. X

7. quiltinmom

quiltinmom Approved members

Thanks for sharing. It's nice to hear success stories. :)

I can't imagine what it will be like to have only one left at home! It'll be a long time for us. :)

8. Ali

Ali Approved members

Yea so happy for you and your son! Have read your posts over the years and sounds like
    you have a great kid. Ali

9. Heather(CA)

Thanks you guys :)

10. missmakaliasmomma

missmakaliasmomma Approved members

Great to hear =) I'd be one proud mama too

11. nanhsot

nanhsot Approved members

I have meant to reply to this all week, what a great update! It's nice to see them mature and do so well. Senior year was a huge transition year for us too, with diabetes and well, just life. It's kind of weird to step back and trust, but we must do so. Looking forward to more updates on your boys!!

12. wilf

wilf Approved members

You should be very proud. Seth really rocks!!! :)

13. Heather(CA)

Thanks you guys :D