advertisement

A guide to parents written by a teenage diabetic

Discussion in 'Stickies' started by ErictheFerret, Nov 27, 2007.

1. DsMom

DsMom Approved members

Thanks Eric. My son is only 6, diagnosed 2 years ago, and it is very helpful to know what he might be thinking in 10 years or so. It's sweet of you to reach out to all of us. I saw my niece go through being a teen with D, and she was amazing--just like you. My other (grown) D niece does triathalons and takes trapeze lessons--there is nothing you can't do!!!:) Write back when you're in college or move out on your own! I'm definitely going to need help "letting go" of my son when he's old enough to move away. I'll need your advice again!

2. jmelara

jmelara Approved members

Thankyou for the message.I will try and remember those things when my son is running a little high wich at this time is most of the time.He was dx just a little over a year ago and we are having tough times he has noone else with D to talk to realy. Hopefully I can get him on here too.

3. Donovan'sMom

Donovan'sMom New Member

Well put Eric. Thanks for sharing it with us!

4. LoriLee

LoriLee Approved members

Thank you Eric for sharing your tips! It is something to remember, I just tell my daughter that God made diabetics sweeter than everyone else!

5. mommabear

mommabear Approved members

Thank you Eric, for this..you are right and have great points..I'am so glad that I looked at this..:D

6. mommabear

mommabear Approved members

love this:)

7. Chrisd22

Chrisd22 New Member

Thank You so much for this. My son is 12 and he was just diagnosed a month ago. I think this is such a great reminder of what to do and not to do. I just found this site so I am ready to learn. You said the pump was the scaries thing and all I hear is wonderful things about it. My son is very leary as he says, he doesnt want anything attached to his body. Is this how you felt?
    Thanks again,
    Chris

8. Connor's Mom

Connor's Mom Approved members

Simply well said. My son is only 10 and was diagnosed in Feb of '09 and he calls the Calorie King "the great big book of everything".